Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

5 Guys Burgers & Fries - Summit

no avatar
User

Mark P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries - Summit

by Mark P » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 am

Jeff Gillenwater wrote:
Heather Y wrote:I say, never mind, and go to Shady lane for the Brownsboro burger... it's just a couple miles down 22 to 42!

Same deal in New Albany. I tried the 5 Guys on State Street and, for a fast food chain, it's not bad. The stuffed burger with bleu cheese at Studio's just down the road on Main Street is leagues better, though. And there's a strong independent bookstore within a few blocks as well.

Dead on about the stuffed burger at Studios...I've had it about 4 times over the months with varying tastes from just good to WOW good.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh Stephen that is a bummer.... .I hate when that happens. I am sure that Charlinda was happy that you stopped into the bookstore though.

Next time your in the hood..... give a holler!
no avatar
User

Danielle D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 am

by Danielle D » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:21 pm

If there are any fellow Lexingtonians on here, we also get to celebrate in the 5 Guys craze! For once, we don't have to play little brother to the new restaurants. Ours is going to be on Nicholasville Rd, for any of you that might be interested.
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:20 am

I am still very much a W.W. Cousin's guy when I need my burger fix!!!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Rob_DeLessio wrote:I am still very much a W.W. Cousin's guy when I need my burger fix!!!

I have never been impressed with ww's. I prefer places such as the Bristol and Chili's. Yes, Chili's. Big ol' burgers. Even Waffle House makes a great double bacon double cheeseburger with hash browns.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I like W.W. Cousins as well for a quick burger.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Doogy, I've got to agree with you about WW's not being my kind of burger and Chilie's is pretty good. I also think the burger and Ruby Tuesday's is very good and I've had some very good Patty Melts at Indigo Joe's in Westport Village.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Adam Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

by Adam Smith » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Just got back from Five Guys, awesome food. My burger was reallay really good and in no way greasy, and a large order of fries was more than enough for 3 of us. Plus the total bill was $24 and change. I can't wait until there's one here in Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:07 pm

If anybody heard what's going on with the Summit location? We went by there the other day and the windows are still covered with paper and it doesn't look like anything is being done. I think they used to be a sign in the window saying it was going to be 5 Guys and if there was it's also gone.

I hope the plans haven't changed, I was looking forward to it.

no avatar
User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

by Mike M » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:38 pm

From what I hear, the guy who was going to open the Summit Location was also going to open one more in town, and somehow The 5 Guys people told him he had to open five locations or none at all, this is what I heard from someone that was considering going to work for him.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

I had a burger from the New Albany location last week. Lot's of hype with little delivery IMO. I doubt I eat there again.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Mark R. wrote:If anybody heard what's going on with the Summit location? We went by there the other day and the windows are still covered with paper and it doesn't look like anything is being done. I think they used to be a sign in the window saying it was going to be 5 Guys and if there was it's also gone.

I hope the plans haven't changed, I was looking forward to it.

Mark,

They are very close to being finished on the inside. The lighting is complete, the tile guys and drywall guys are finished as well. I suspect that within the next 2-3 weeks this place will be open.
BShep
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:They are very close to being finished on the inside. The lighting is complete, the tile guys and drywall guys are finished as well. I suspect that within the next 2-3 weeks this place will be open.

I thought it was strange that the sign was down and we were told in February they would be open shortly. I don't consider four month shortly. Your story is in conflict with Mike's, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:14 am

I ate at a 5 Guys in Atlanta last year and thought it average at best.

Give me a WW's or a triple O burger at Max & Erma's.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 am

I've got mixed feelings about Red Robin burgers. I had a couple there that are very good and a couple that were so so. One thing I do like is they don't insist on over cooked hamburger and will cook one medium for you. Their onion rings and garlic fries are addicting. Overall, I don't think they have a bad burger, much better than most other chains although they are a little overpriced. I do certainly however prefer them over WW Cousins.

PreviousNext