Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bahama Breeze closed permanently!!!

no avatar
User

Saira Bee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:34 pm

J'town

Bahama Breeze closed permanently!!!

by Saira Bee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm

My mother and I tried to go there for lunch on Sat, and a lady met us outside and said the restaurant was closed FOREVER. :shock: :shock: It was just open Friday night! They're were garbage trucks outside and people carrying out linens & such. Also several business men sitting around talking. WTF?? Does anyone know what's going on?
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

Re: Bahama Breeze closed permanently!!!

by Steve Magruder » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Saira Bee wrote:My mother and I tried to go there for lunch on Sat, and a lady met us outside and said the restaurant was closed FOREVER. :shock: :shock: It was just open Friday night! They're were garbage trucks outside and people carrying out linens & such. Also several business men sitting around talking. WTF?? Does anyone know what's going on?

Oh crap. I was thinking of trying them out soon. I wonder what led to the closing. I thought this was a popular place.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:41 pm

See the second page of the Harper's thread.
no avatar
User

Saira Bee

{ RANK }

Foodie

J'town

by Saira Bee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:30 pm

I saw that, but it doesn't make sense. Bahama Breeze was always busy. A 1-2 hour wait was standard on weekend nights. I don't understand... :?
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:47 pm

I don't see how that place wasn't making money. Insane markup on fruity drinks that people are throwing back like there's no tomorrow. How can you lose on that?
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Jeffersontown

by Dan Boyle » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Saira Bee wrote:I saw that, but it doesn't make sense. Bahama Breeze was always busy. A 1-2 hour wait was standard on weekend nights. I don't understand... :?

Maybe that is exactly the issue. Busy on weekends, Friday night, Saturday and possibly Sundays do not make a business profitable. Besides, it really did attract an wide variety of market audience. Pretty specific on age group or range. 25-35 and the 3 times I went in it was more of a "Meat Market" atmosphere, Bar environ. Maybe hit it on wierd nights. Sorry to see another close, even Harper's.
no avatar
User

Ashley D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Louisville

by Ashley D » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 pm

Thank God.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Ashley D wrote:Thank God.

GOD had something to do with it ????????????
no avatar
User

Saira Bee

{ RANK }

Foodie

J'town

by Saira Bee » Thu May 03, 2007 1:16 pm

I will miss their Bahama-ritas. :(
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

Re: Bahama Breeze closed permanently!!!

by John R. » Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Saira Bee wrote:My mother and I tried to go there for lunch on Sat, and a lady met us outside and said the restaurant was closed FOREVER. :shock: :shock: It was just open Friday night! They're were garbage trucks outside and people carrying out linens & such. Also several business men sitting around talking. WTF?? Does anyone know what's going on?

I had no idea. I used to valet for them 5 or 6 years ago and they used to be busy everyday. From what I have seen from passing, it didn't change much but I guess it did.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".