Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Melillo's

User

Bill R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am

Middletown

Melillo's

by Bill R » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

We went to Melillo's this weekend with our 3 year old son. He is very active to say the least. The place was packed and we couldn't have been happier! During our wait our son was entertained by the hostess (we later found out she is the niece of the owner). Once we got our table the "family welcome" feeling continued.
Ashley was our waitress and a doll, assuring us that they love "families". The food was excellent and the company fabulous. We ended up talking with Ashley about her new baby (and what was coming her way) while her cousin (the hostess) took Ian to help put new table clothes on.
My only regret for the whole evening was that I didn't get the "Hostess" name so, I could mention her by name!!! We loved the laid back atmosphere and ALL the great food----coming from fellow Italian's, 1/2 Francolini, that's a compliment!!!
We were obviously there late when things had settled down some. It is hard to find a place where you, as adults, can enjoy your dinner and take your children too. We can't wait to go back!!! :lol:
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

When were you there?

by jpdurbin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:52 pm

When were you there?

BTW, Whitney or Jackie was probably the hostess.
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:23 am

I have always loved Melillo's. I took a friend there last week before the theater, who had never heard of the place. As a NY/NJ transplant, she really loved the place and it reminded her of neighborhood places from back home. Now she's talking it up too!
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:23 pm

Leah s wrote:As a NY/NJ transplant, she really loved the place and it reminded her of neighborhood places from back home.

This Paterson, NJ transplant agrees wholeheartedly [that means "wit ya awl da way, ya' know?"]
no avatar
User

Wayde H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Melillo's

by Wayde H » Fri May 04, 2007 10:55 am

Melillo's is definitely one of my favaorite restaurants in Louisville. We take our 2 1/2 year old daughter with us and have always enjoyed excellent food and extremely friendly service. I should hopefully going back in the next couple of weeks, but it's hard for me to get there very often due to the near hour drive from our house. My favorites include the Alfredo chips, Fettuccini Michele, and the Milky Way Pie(cake). My mouth is watering just thinking about it.