Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tip of the hat to Carley Rae's

no avatar
User

Paul Pfister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

greater Germantown

Tip of the hat to Carley Rae's

by Paul Pfister » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:14 pm

A large group(about 20) stopped in after the races on Sat. We had contacted them earlier to let them know we were coming.

We were there primarily for drinks but several sandwiches and appetizers were added to the mix. Service was attentive without being aggessive and we weren't given the "bums rush" because we were taking up so much space. The ambiance in the patio was really a delight.

Everyone was extremly complimentary on both the food and drinks with the resolution to come back another time. Thanks to Jeff and the staff for making a great day even better. Carley Rae's is a true gem in OLd Louisville.
"a pinch or a pound, a tad or a ton"-Nuts n Stuff
no avatar
User

Lori Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

by Lori Cundiff » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:05 pm

I was a member of the "other" group of about 20 people on the patio at Carly Rae's Saturday evening. I can not say enough about how wonderful the food, service, and atmosphere all were. I was there with a gathering of the Louisville Ale Club, and we were all very impressed with the large and eclectic beer list. We will definitely be back!!

And to the OP and his party, I hope we weren't too loud and unruly!

Thank you to ALL of the wonderful staff at Carly Rae's who made our evening SO enjoyable!