Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeff Gillenwater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm

by Jeff Gillenwater » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 am

Congrats to Dave for continued success. Today's the Bistro's one year anniversary if I'm not mistaken. I'll see you for lunch.

As for Speakeasy, a friend mentioned to me that Shall We Dance, a dance instruction studio in downtown New Albany, is looking to hold dance events with live jazz and swing at the new club.

Seems like a good way to work off some of those fine steaks and ales. As I've noted to friends, we moved downtown NA to be able to walk more and have ended up gaining a few pounds thanks to Dave and Israel over La Rosita.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:40 am

Jeff Gillenwater wrote:Congrats to Dave for continued success. Today's the Bistro's one year anniversary if I'm not mistaken. I'll see you for lunch.

As for Speakeasy, a friend mentioned to me that Shall We Dance, a dance instruction studio in downtown New Albany, is looking to hold dance events with live jazz and swing at the new club.

Seems like a good way to work off some of those fine steaks and ales. As I've noted to friends, we moved downtown NA to be able to walk more and have ended up gaining a few pounds thanks to Dave and Israel over La Rosita.
Indeed, tonight we are having our anniversary shindig (free grub etc.) plus a full bar and Roger's beer. All are welcome to stop in!!-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 am

Indeed. Here is today's blog posting on these and other New Albanian topics:

http://cityofnewalbany.blogspot.com/2007/04/c-js-moss-sees-good-things-downtown-and.html

The old microbrewing saw is that "we brew beer, we drink beer, and we sell what's left," to which I would add, "and then I document the life and times of NA on my blog."

Movement always seems to slow when you can visualize the possibilities so clearly, but something very special might yet happen in New Albany, and this year's a pivotal one for us.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue May 01, 2007 9:36 am

WEnt to New Albany Bistro last night and they were hosting a party featuring Rich O's brews-such a LOVELY place and will go back to try the regular menu-after that visit we went to Rich O's and sat in the lounge and had the BEST pizza-super thin crust and fabulous fillings!!!! Loved it and can't wait to go back-great staff at both places :D !!!
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue May 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Hey, I was there ... kinda got lost in Croupier after a while.

Glad you had a good time at bNA and NABC.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue May 01, 2007 7:05 pm

I know, they said you had the pink cast on, but I think I must have been outside too long and missed meeting you. WE very much enjoyed both palces and will be back soon!!! :D
Previous