Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

211 Clover Lane Experience

no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

211 Clover Lane Experience

by Ron Taglieri » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:06 pm

Took the wife here tonight for 15th anniversary and was pretty impressed.

I had the Loin of Lamb, topped with a sundried spicing, and wild rice and spinach on the side. Wife had a chicken dish with mixed veggies and a potato side. Food was great, service was friendly, attentive, but non-intrusive.

With a couple drinks, salads, and dessert, whole thing came out to about $90 or so.

My favorite part of the whole experience is that place is inside of a house, so each room only sits 3 or 4 tables. This keeps the place very quiet and allows you to talk.

What it lacks in people watching, it more than makes up for in intimate atmosphere and most of all good food.

My question is if others know of other restaurants in a "house setting", as I really enjoyed that aspect.

good eatin
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 211 Clover Lane Experience

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:17 pm

Ron Taglieri wrote:My question is if others know of other restaurants in a "house setting", as I really enjoyed that aspect.

Good review, Ron. Thanks for posting! 211 really is a hidden jewel that deserves more attention than it gets.

I love that "house setting" too. Two others that come right to mind, although perhaps not at quite as "upscale" as 211, are Sweet Peas Southern (former Furlongs) on Frankfort Avenue, which occupies the first floor interior of an old house and is divided into several smaller rooms; and Stratto's in Clarksville, which occupies several smaller rooms in a very historic old house.

In a way, L&N Wine Bar also fits this description with a bar and two modest-size rooms in a fine old Butchertown farmhouse, although it doesn't have quite the same intimate-room feel.

I'm sure there are more, but those popped into my head when you asked your question.
User

Krista K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

downtown, louisville, ky, usa

Re: 211 Clover Lane Experience

by Krista K » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:34 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Ron Taglieri wrote:My question is if others know of other restaurants in a "house setting", as I really enjoyed that aspect.

I'm sure there are more, but those popped into my head when you asked your question.

holly hill in midway. :)
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:50 pm

meridian cafe for lunch
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Holly Hill Inn

by Deb Hall » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Holly Hill Inn in Midway. Wonderful food, great service, great atmosphere in a historic home. Only 45 minutes from downtown; fantastic day-trip- feels like you went on a romantic vacation. (And Ouita and her husband Chris are always changing the menu around so it always feels special, but "new").

Just thinking about it is making me think that's where we should go for our anniversary this month....Have to talk to Brian :D .....

Deb