Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Grape Leaf

User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

The Grape Leaf

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Running errands the other day I found myself in front of The Grape Leaf right at lunch time. O.K., so I stalled a little so I could enjoy lunch on the patio. Their hummus is very good, a little heavy on the tahini but I like tahini so no worries. It's served with enough pita bread to get the last bite. The Beef & Lamb Gyro was also good. I rarely get down there but it is good to know that they are consistent in flavor and quality. Thanks.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:50 pm

I love their beef mousakka. and the Greek salad that comes with it is large enough to be a meal by itself.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:05 pm

consistency in terms of what exactly you get or portion sizes etc...is never their strong point, but damn, the food is always so consistently delicious, I never mind the subtle changes...VIVA the Grape Leaf!
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:04 pm

I love the beef and lamb gyro as well but I get the Hot Sauce instead of the traditional yogurt sauce. It is very tasty and not too hot.
I also love the Baba but hate eggplant any other way. A flashback to growing up in an Italian family and getting too much until I detest it.

Joe
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!