Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

The Gordo

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 am

Downtown Baby!

Breaks my Heart....

by The Gordo » Tue May 01, 2007 7:13 am

Wow... I served at the Breeze for years and then took my first management gig with Harper's...

The only good to come from this will be the fact that Harper's managers will be on the market.... anyone looking for horsepower should jump at the chance to get them...

Well wishes to all of the displaced servers, bartenders, cooks, managers and dish-guys....
Owner:
Third Street Dive
440 South Third
One Block East of Jerry's 4th Street Beast!

C'mon down...This place is Crazy!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Breaks my Heart....

by Doogy R » Tue May 01, 2007 10:14 pm

The Gordo wrote:Wow... I served at the Breeze for years and then took my first management gig with Harper's...

The only good to come from this will be the fact that Harper's managers will be on the market.... anyone looking for horsepower should jump at the chance to get them...

Well wishes to all of the displaced servers, bartenders, cooks, managers and dish-guys....

Thanks so much for the classy post about Harper's closing.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri May 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Robin Garr wrote:News to me, and it would be surprising (and sad) if true. It's one of the least "chain-like" of chains, and I have the impression that it enjoys a large and loyal following.
I have it on inside info that it is going to be called Amerigo (the chef they hired used to work for me). Opening date is late June or July and it is a small chain (5 stores to date-mostly Tennesee) and will be Italian in nature with wood fired pizzas etc.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri May 04, 2007 1:33 pm

David Clancy wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:News to me, and it would be surprising (and sad) if true. It's one of the least "chain-like" of chains, and I have the impression that it enjoys a large and loyal following.
I have it on inside info that it is going to be called Amerigo (the chef they hired used to work for me). Opening date is late June or July and it is a small chain (5 stores to date-mostly Tennesee) and will be Italian in nature with wood fired pizzas etc.

Nice article in today's Business First. This is their first new location in several years. Average lunch check of $14 and dinner in the $20+ range. Says their are spending $1 million renovating the building. Confirmed your mid-July anticipated opening date.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri May 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Is this the same chain ownership that had Harper's and this is a new "concept" for them? Just curious. I always thought Harper's did well and was surprised they closed. Of course Bahama Breeze always looked packed to me, too.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri May 04, 2007 5:41 pm

Jay M. wrote:Is this the same chain ownership that had Harper's and this is a new "concept" for them? Just curious. I always thought Harper's did well and was surprised they closed. Of course Bahama Breeze always looked packed to me, too.
I think it is a splinter group of ex-O'chucks guys but I'm not sure. Sounds interesting though.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

Amerigo

by Pam G » Fri May 04, 2007 6:00 pm

Jay M. wrote:Is this the same chain ownership that had Harper's and this is a new "concept" for them? Just curious.

It looks like a different company. It is Vivid Restaurant Concepts, based in Nashville. Here is their site. http://www.vividrc.com/home.

And Amerigo: http://www.amerigo.net/
Previous