Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Azalea lunch, El Tarasco dinner

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Azalea lunch, El Tarasco dinner

by Linda C » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Due to bad scheduling...we hauled the kids to El Tarasco's very late last night. What a treat! Great place- yummy food, friendly service. Only complaint is the red mild sauce for the chips is really bland. Wow...that's IT! The rest of the food was amazing, portions were huge and seasonings great. I muc prefer this meal to a recent experience at El Mundo. We will be regulars.

Today, we had a celebratory lunch at Azalea. I have always loved the place, but have not been back since "the change". Glad they have lunch again. We were blown away, really. Child #1 and I eat no meat, a little seafood. They adjusted the pad thai for us and added tiny, succulent marinated shrimp for a few extra dollars. GREAT dish! My mom had the walnut ravioli...I was worried, she is tres picky (after being married to a food supplier, chef family,etc.) She went on and on about the great flavors. She said it was one of the best entrees she's ever had! Stepmom had signature Thai Chicken salad. I was worried, as she doesn't do spice well...she was suffering a bit, but absolutely loved it. They ordered the chocolate torte cake and the amazing caramel ice cream/waffle/berry dessert which was awesome! Our server, Holly, was so sweet and efficient and was so nice to take some family pics for the big event. I am SO SO happy that Azalea was the same great place we've always loved.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

Re: Azalea lunch, El Tarasco dinner

by Steve Magruder » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Linda C wrote:Due to bad scheduling...we hauled the kids to El Tarasco's very late last night. What a treat! Great place- yummy food, friendly service. Only complaint is the red mild sauce for the chips is really bland. Wow...that's IT! The rest of the food was amazing, portions were huge and seasonings great. I muc prefer this meal to a recent experience at El Mundo. We will be regulars.

Yeap, El Tarasco's is pretty good Mexican. I agree about the mild sauce -- that's why I special order a bowl of their very good Pico de Gallo, which is basically a crude Mexican salsa, crude meaning fresh chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro... nummy!

The dish I normally get there is Pollo Tarasco, a delicious good-sized grilled chicken breast, covered in melted cheese, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, kind of like a fajita w/ cheese. And on the side, you get refried beans with a little melted cheese on top, and mexican rice, not to mention fajita-like toppings, such as sour cream, lettuce and tomato. And it's under $10!

I know I sound like I'm doing a commercial for them, but I highly recommend them from many good experiences.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist