Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Recs for Naples,Florida

no avatar
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

Recs for Naples,Florida

by Jim Greenbrier » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello,

Would sincerely appreciate any recs for subject.....recs can be up scale, but I really prefer " eating in a bar rather than drinking in a dining room"....

After 40 years of expense account "haute cusine", I find "dives" more fun and interesting !!..

Thank you in advance,

JJG III
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Recs for Naples,Florida

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm not familar with Naples itself, but spent a long weekend on Marco Island (10 minute drive I think) not too long ago. I remember a good, casual meal at the Snook Inn, sitting outside by the water. The Blue Heron Inn on the Isle of Capri is supposed to be very good and more upscale, but we didn't have a chance to try it.

The first night we got in we ate at Capt. Brien's Seafood and Raw Bar, which was part of a "City Centre-esk" development. I think it's a small chain (2 or 3 other locations), but the raw bar was pretty good, and the environment was very conducive to drinking. There were a few other restaurants and bars in the development, most of which were local I think. We ate at an italian place in the same development a few nights later that was local and pretty good, but I can't remember the name. We watched some football in a sports bar there too that was fun, with pretty good bar food. The development sits on the water, and has nice views of big 'ol boats and the harbor.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 pm

http://www.stansidlehour.net/

Stan's in Goodland is a hoot!
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm

IF you like persian food, the best is B'hai B'hai on Vanderbilt beach rd. As I think 1/2 of Louisville is between Ft Myers & Naples right now, I hope more people will send suggestions. Big Al's is a great place to watch games, or just have decent french fries.
no avatar
User

David O.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am

Louisville

by David O. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 am

Kelly's Fishhouse in Naples is always good.

Tin City has a good restaurant on water called the Riverwalk Ale House.

Snook Inn is in Marco Island, that's about 30 minutes to the south of Naples and has become extremely popular and lost some of it's magic it use to have. As is Goodland and Stan's. Stan's is the place to be on Sunday afternoons to do the Buzzard Lope but not to dine. Sorry Stan.

If you going to Marco there's a really good Italian place called Davinci's.

Enjoy.
David O.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:38 pm

I lived in Naples for years.... couple of good ones named up above... Snook Inn on Marco island, especially by boat. Kelly's is good too for seafood. A little more upscale both for lunch and dinner would be Campiellos. Italian bistro, on 3Rd st..I highly recommend this restaurant even on a budget.

5Th Avenue is a great strip of small restaurants... highly recomend Bistro 821 and Chops.

Best grouper sandwich and chowder in town is Captain Nemo's on the tamiami trail. Great lunch.

Enjoy Naples.... go fishing if you can.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 pm

David O. wrote:Kelly's Fishhouse in Naples is always good.

Tin City has a good restaurant on water called the Riverwalk Ale House.

Snook Inn is in Marco Island, that's about 30 minutes to the south of Naples and has become extremely popular and lost some of it's magic it use to have. As is Goodland and Stan's. Stan's is the place to be on Sunday afternoons to do the Buzzard Lope but not to dine. Sorry Stan.

If you going to Marco there's a really good Italian place called Davinci's.

Enjoy.

I think DaVinci's is the place I was referring to in my post above (also metioned Snook). We were there in late August (off season, so so hot), so the Snook wasn't very crowded or anything, and was enjoyable.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown