Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

sprouts question

User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

sprouts question

by NicoleP » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:05 am

Does anyone know where I can buy sprout seeds?? for indoor sprouting?? I recently bought a kitchen counter sprouter and it didn't come with any seeds...I am looking for broccoli and alfalfa sprouts mainly...but any sprouts will be welcome:) any ideas???
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:09 am

Gosh I used to do the sprouting thing, a long, long time ago. I didn't buy any special seeds, though. Just regular veggie seeds or used mung beans and let them sprout and then harvested.

Maybe I was doing it wrong?
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:18 am

I am new to the sprouting thing, I buy them and eat them so I figured on cutting out the middleman and doing it myself since it is uber easy and I would be cutting out packaging waste etc...

So I guess I could go to Buntons or somewhere and just buy broccoli seeds?? I want to make sure they are organic seeds...no chemicals for me and my veggies.

I just remembered seeing various seeds for sprouting at Amazing Grace a loong time ago...medleys and such...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:33 am

NicoleP wrote:I just remembered seeing various seeds for sprouting at Amazing Grace a loong time ago...medleys and such...

Nicole, I don't know anything about the company and can't testify for them, but this Website might have some info you could use:

http://www.sproutpeople.com/

I think I would also call Rainbow Blossom, Amazing Grace and Whole Foods to check out what they have ... I've never been in the market, but it seems likely to me that they would have some.
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:31 pm

Over on Story Avenue between Adams and Buchanan on the right side there is an indoor grow shop/sate shop. You might want to try them out... Now if I can only remember the shops name.
They are only open on weekends.
Nice shop, nicer owners!
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Paul Pfister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

greater Germantown

by Paul Pfister » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Nicole

We stock both the seeds you're looking for. Give me a call or come by.

Paul
"a pinch or a pound, a tad or a ton"-Nuts n Stuff