Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

Bistro New Albany does it up right!

by DeeDee D » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:47 pm

My husband and I visited Bistro New Albany last night and what a wonderful time we had! We started off w/ the fried green tomatoes and house salad w/ the raspberry walnut vinaigrette. Tomatoes were excellent and to hear it from my husband, the raspberry walnut dressing was the best he's ever had. We both ordered steak, me ribeye, him sirloin. Both cook to perfection! They were both served w/ garlic mashed taters that we enjoyed. The grilled veggies were an added surprise. We ended it all with a piece of warm apple pie that was a slice of heaven! Way to go New Albany Bistro! We will return soon. My only request, if I may....More goat cheese on the menu, maybe an appitizer!
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm

I have GOT to get there. What is wrong with me?! It's right near me. I love hearing these great things about Indiana eateries.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm

You really need to go. We had the best time. The service was was nice and the atmosphere was on the romantic side. We had a great night.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Wow! Thanks DeeDee!

by David Clancy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:25 am

Glad you had a groovy time! Introduce yourself next time your in and we sltill have some room for the extreme Belgian tonight if you want to really take a trip off the beaten path.-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Excellent, as usual

by TanyaD » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 pm

My friends and I went for dinner last night and, as usual, had a wonderful meal. It was the first time for a couple of our friends, who were truly impressed--the steaks, salmon, chicken with polenta, burger--were simply wonderful. And that creamy cabbage/potato/fried onion soup--man, was that great!! Although the chocolate mousse and cheesecake were as impressive as ever, although I really miss that buttermilk sorbet and would have REALLY loved to have tried the pear version. Also, quit making your steaks so dang great--I'm going to end up never trying anything else on the menu!! :D
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Wow! That buttermilk thing will return in the Spring and glad you had a groovy time! Thanks!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

Sallie H

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Sallie H » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Went to Bistro New Albany tonight...it was great! My partner ordered the Black and Bleu Sirloin special medium rare - and it was perfectly cooked. I ordered the Chicken Capellini, which was also excellent. Dessert was cheesecake. I made a special request to add raspberry sauce and they acommodated. The service was great, the place was beautiful, and the food was excellent!
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Sallie, I hate to say this, but.....I told you so! HAHA. I'd like to check out lunch there too. Good luck on your wedding!
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:18 am

Thanks for coming in tonight and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Let me know about your October event as we get closer to that date. I can shoot you some menus etc, and we would love to have you. Thanks again!-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville