Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bobby J's

no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Bobby J's

by Alanna H » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Drove by the old La Rouge that has had a hand written sign on the door for the past few weeks 'Coming Soon, Bobby J's'. Driving past on my way home tonight there was a placard out front that said now open for lunch. Robin, is this the same Bobby J from Bardstown Rd a few years ago?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bobby J's

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Alanna H wrote:Drove by the old La Rouge that has had a hand written sign on the door for the past few weeks 'Coming Soon, Bobby J's'. Driving past on my way home tonight there was a placard out front that said now open for lunch. Robin, is this the same Bobby J from Bardstown Rd a few years ago?

Same guy all right ... he was also involved with the good but too short-lived Steam Fire and Ice. I'm looking forward to it ... hope he can turn that unlucky spot around.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

Re: Bobby J's

by Steve Magruder » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Alanna H wrote:Drove by the old La Rouge that has had a hand written sign on the door for the past few weeks 'Coming Soon, Bobby J's'. Driving past on my way home tonight there was a placard out front that said now open for lunch. Robin, is this the same Bobby J from Bardstown Rd a few years ago?

Same guy all right ... he was also involved with the good but too short-lived Steam Fire and Ice. I'm looking forward to it ... hope he can turn that unlucky spot around.

This sounds exciting. I really loved the old Bobby J's.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Matt F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Louisville

by Matt F » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:15 am

I have many very fond memories of Bobby J's Club Cafe' in the Highlands.
In their prime, the combination of the food, libations, ambience, great live jazz, and Bobby crooning (as well as working the room like few people can) was truly a unique treasure in this town.

I wish Mr. Johnson all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing what he has in store for us.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

~Tom Waits