Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Proof on Main

User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

Proof on Main

by Richard Rush » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm

I was on a US Airways flight over the holidays and while reading the in flight magazine I came across an article which rated the Fried Hominy from Proof on Main the number 1 of the author's top 10 tastes of 2008. Congrats on some nice press. I will have to stop in and try this interesting looking appetizer very soon.

http://www.usairwaysmag.com/2009_01/top-10-tastes.php
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Proof on Main

by Doogy R » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Richard Rush wrote:I was on a US Airways flight over the holidays and while reading the in flight magazine I came across an article which rated the Fried Hominy from Proof on Main the number 1 of the author's top 10 tastes of 2008. Congrats on some nice press. I will have to stop in and try this interesting looking appetizer very soon.

http://www.usairwaysmag.com/2009_01/top-10-tastes.php

Since day one this place has received accolades from all over the country. Job well done. I love the reviewers description of the bar area. Spot on.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 pm

The hotel also continues to get top reviews.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 pm

I heard on the radio that Chef Paley will be Executive Chef for the Bluegrass Inaugural Ball.

(Just now when I was trying to recall Chef's name, my first thought was Michael Palin :shock: )
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Jackie R. wrote:I heard on the radio that Chef Paley will be Executive Chef for the Bluegrass Inaugural Ball.

Good for him. He's a nice guy - he has eaten at Lou Lou a couple times (that I know of, maybe more). I notice that he's often quoted in articles in Plate Magazine.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist