Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Liang's Cafe.

no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Re: Liang's Cafe.

by John Greenup » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
John Greenup wrote:I've eaten there when it was under another name...not bad, but definitely "McMao" fast food....

John, not to get argumentative - we've all got a right to differing opinions - but are you positive we're all talking about the same place? Liang's is the good-size space at the left-hand end of a Springhurst strip just behind Party Barn. As far as I know, the only predecessor in that space was Peking City, which had a super chef from Sichuan who was extremely respected in the local Chinese community and produced outstanding fare. The downside was that they wouldn't easily allow Westerners to try the authentic menu - I got some real grief from them about that one time, and they finally tried to trick me by giving me a menu with only Chinese characters. (Fortunately, I've studied just enough menu Chinese that I was able to guess at a couple of dishes and order lunch, much to their amazement. ;D ) But it was far from "McMao" status. (Love that term, by the way ... )

Robin...thanks for clarifying...someone mentioned Springhurst, and I was thinking about the small Chinese restaurant just down from Springhurst Kroger (Great Wall 888 (??))....yes, NOW I know which one you're referring -- haven't dined there since it was Peking City (which was quite good)....sorry for the confusion....I'll hang onto "McMao" for a future reference....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
Previous