Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 pm

MarieP wrote:
I liked the place, actually. Especially the hot sandwiches on the tomato cheddar bagels.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad place really. I had a fondness for their bagel chips. In the end though I think the market was just a little too saturated, and they were a little too late to market to make the right in-roads. "Bagels" were a bit of a fad at the time.
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Worst possible name for eatery?

by AshleyChesman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:48 pm

Mike Hardin wrote:In the PNC tower, there was a bagel place called the Bagel Box Deli. I guess they went out of business or sold it to someone else but there is a replacement now - the Cat Box Deli. That's not an image I want when I want to eat. Yikes.

Ok, not necessarily a restaurant, but in a small town in Ohio, a lawfirm "Dewey, Cheatham and Howe" Not a good idea :D
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Worst possible name for eatery?

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 pm

AshleyChesman wrote:
Mike Hardin wrote:In the PNC tower, there was a bagel place called the Bagel Box Deli. I guess they went out of business or sold it to someone else but there is a replacement now - the Cat Box Deli. That's not an image I want when I want to eat. Yikes.

Ok, not necessarily a restaurant, but in a small town in Ohio, a lawfirm "Dewey, Cheatham and Howe" Not a good idea :D

I would tend to think they did that intentionally. :D
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Columbia, SC

by Jay M. » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:57 pm

Last edited by Jay M. on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Boston, KY.

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Back in the 80's, there was a place in Boston, KY named Hump-n-Hill. It was so named because there was a little rise on the road through Boston and the bar and grill sat right on top of it. It was quite a lively spot. It's been forever since I've been there so I don't know if it's in existence anymore.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:44 pm

Again not a restaurant, but we have a picture of a billboard in Ohio adverising "Swindler Funeral Home". Hubby was in school to be a funeral director at the time, so we made a LOT of copies for his class! :wink:
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 am

"Ok, not necessarily a restaurant, but in a small town in Ohio, a lawfirm "Dewey, Cheatham and Howe"

That's the "law firm" that Click and Clack always mention in the credits after Car Talk. A truly funny radio show, BTW.
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:29 am

When I was on vacation in Kihei, Maui I noticed a cheese and wine shop with the name Who Cut The Cheese...For some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to enter this particular shop and check out their gourmet goods...

http://www.whocutthecheese.net
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 am

This isn't a bad name, but it sure is fun to say, and the more I say it the more I try to keep from laughing.

Quonset Hut

My mom used to go there a lot back in the day. The first time I heard the name, I was like "Wha??"
Previous