Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Hilarious Beer Commercial

no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

Hilarious Beer Commercial

by Ray W. » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 am

This beer commercial is just too funny to not share with the forum...I might have to go on a beer quest to find out if Grain Belt Beer is as good as it's commercials... :lol:

Drink You Up (Golden Girl)
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Hilarious Beer Commercial

by Steve P » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Ray W. wrote:This beer commercial is just too funny to not share with the forum...I might have to go on a beer quest to find out if Grain Belt Beer is as good as it's commercials... :lol:

Drink You Up (Golden Girl)

Ray,

The taste of "Grain Belt" is along the lines of Miller High Life. It's kind of the "go to" beer (cheap and available) in the small farming communities of the upper midwest. I believe they also do a bit of "contract" brewing for smaller labels, at least that is my recollection. Grain Belt memorabilia is fairly hot among collectors (as is the case with many small brewers).
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks for the review, Steve...This Grain Belt Premium sounds like a beer that would be good to take along for fishing trips...I will remember that should I find myself in The Land of 10,000 Lakes...
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Ray W. wrote:Thanks for the review, Steve...This Grain Belt Premium sounds like a beer that would be good to take along for fishing trips...I will remember that should I find myself in The Land of 10,000 Lakes...

Mark,

ANY kind of beer is good with fishing...it's one of those areas (so far) untouched by those concerned with "pairings". Hmmmmm, let's see what goes good with Walleye fishing....shall I have the the Miller Lite or the Chateau De' Bud.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Ah, Steve. How I miss good fresh walleye. The stuff imported from Canada just isn't the same as good ole fresh Minnesota walleye. (Or good ole fresh Nor Dakota walleye, either) Served on a bed of wild rice, of course. (And I don't mean that wild rice mix stuff!) :D
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck