Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

KY Tacos Truck?

no avatar
User

Jeff Gillenwater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm

KY Tacos Truck?

by Jeff Gillenwater » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:52 pm

I saw a panel truck with "KY TACOS" painted on the side selling their wares in the parking lot of a Clarksville apartment complex last night. I had just eaten, or I may have tried it.

It didn't look like the truck had a service window. They seemed to be using the rear door to serve customers.

Is anyone familiar with it?

Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: KY Tacos Truck?

by Robin Garr » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Dee Dee D. mentioned it either here or on Facebook. I'm guessing that it's similar to the taco trucks gaining acceptance over here. Dee Dee referred to the neighborhood as "sketchy," although from this side of the river, I didn't realize that our Southern Indiana neighbors had such a thing. :) Are you talking about a complex near Green Tree Mall? I think that's the one we were talking about.
no avatar
User

Jeff Gillenwater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm

by Jeff Gillenwater » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Are you talking about a complex near Green Tree Mall? I think that's the one we were talking about.

Probably the same one. It's just off Blackiston Mill Road if you're headed for the mall the back way. I never really considered the neighborhood sketchy but I guess we all perceive those things differently. We do have some sketchy neighborhoods over here. We just blame them on Louisville migration :roll:

I'll give it a shot if I see it again.
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Jeff Gillenwater wrote:I saw a panel truck with "KY TACOS" painted on the side selling their wares in the parking lot of a Clarksville apartment complex last night. I had just eaten, or I may have tried it.

It didn't look like the truck had a service window. They seemed to be using the rear door to serve customers.

Is anyone familiar with it?

Thanks.

Details Please.......which apartment complex?

Sure would be nice to have a mobile vendor over here.

Los Amigos Carniceria has fine tamales most Saturdays and Sundays on Providence Way. Just like a bit more of a (mobile) menu.

There's some kind of charm to eating on the spur...rappin with the customers.
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Jeff Gillenwater wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Are you talking about a complex near Green Tree Mall? I think that's the one we were talking about.

Probably the same one. It's just off Blackiston Mill Road if you're headed for the mall the back way. I never really considered the neighborhood sketchy but I guess we all perceive those things differently. We do have some sketchy neighborhoods over here. We just blame them on Louisville migration :roll:

I'll give it a shot if I see it again.

Thanks Jeff........know just where you're speaking of.