Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Le Relais' New Bistro Menu

no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

Le Relais' New Bistro Menu

by David Lange » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:21 am

Many people felt the dparture of Chef Daniel Stage from Le Relais would mean a downturn in the food presented at this top white tablecloth establishment. But I'm glad to say that it will not happen.

Last night my wife and I traveled to Le Relais to sample their new French Bistro menu. Proprietor Anthony Dike has been wanting to try this concept for some time, so now afforded a perfect time to do so. As usual the setting and service were impeccible and Anthony waded throgh the restaurant to make sure that every item and dish was in place.

I started with the moules marineres, or steamed mussels, while my wife enjoyed their onion soup. Both were excellant , accompanied by plenty of crispy french baquettes to sop up every drop of the soup and the superb broth that accompanied the mussels. Joyce opted for the steak & pomme frittes, while I went for the coquilles St. Jacques, scallops with mushroom and winter vegetables. Joyce's steak was cooked to perfection and was accompanied with thin crispy pomme frittes and a small pot of bernaise sauce.

Other options on this new menu are Pate of the day, which last night was lamb, roasted garlic and rosemary,and blanquette de veau, a robust stew of veal, light cream sauce, pearl onions and rice. Also featured are a braised lamb shank, salmon with lentils and a cream sauce, and a rainbow trout with brown butter, fingerling potatoes and haricot verts.

It was a real treat to enjoy authenic French bistro fare in such a romantic location. In addition, Le Relais had it's incredible desserts and its infamous cheese cart that we were able to sample from. I really feel that Anthony has hit the mark with this new menu and I'm looking forward to a return visit
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

Re: Le Relais' New Bistro Menu

by amy lyons » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:32 am

Sounds lovely, we will have to give it a try very soon. reminds me of one of my favorite places here in louisville, le beaujolais, which I have been missing of late.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:49 pm

David,

Was the pricing any different now that they've gone to the French Bistro Menu?

Thanks,
Deb
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:21 pm

This seriously sounds good. :)
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:09 pm

The menu and pricing is found on their website.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:12 pm

David Lange wrote:The menu and pricing is found on their website.

Which, of course, is here:

Le Relais Website including Menu/Pricing