Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Holiday Offline at Irish Rover Frankfort Ave Monday 12/22

by Marsha L. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:28 pm

I just spoke to Siobhan at Irish Rover - I thought maybe since I didn't make a formal reservation, I should make one. She's agreed to reserve us a couple of booths that seat up to 6 in the bar, and we can order from the server there. They were almost too full to take us! Thank goodness another indie is doing well on a Monday night.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:57 pm

If it's not too late, I'd like to join. Also, I play piano as well as an 8 year old, but I am more than happy to help lead vocally. Also, I don't plan on eating (liquid diet for me) so I don't need a seat.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Jessica Hardison wrote:If it's not too late, I'd like to join.

It's not too late and you're perfectly welcome!
Marsha Lynch
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Steve P wrote:
John Greenup wrote:Sounds fun, but got my fix last evening at Irish Rover Too (LaGrange)....Bangers & Mash with a pint of Guinness!!

John,

You dah man...

I haven't tried the Bangers...Never managed to get past the spot on the menu that says "Guinness Beef Stew".

Almost opted for the "Guinness Beef Stew" (it was a cold night, and that sounded just about right)....the Bangers are somewhat mild, but a little "Colman's Mustard" on the side livens them up!
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:08 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Yes, do please bring the hymnal, Robin, for reference if nothing else. I think we can guarantee no public prayers

Right. Episcopalians/Anglicans tend to avoid that sort of thing. Just isn't done, y'know. Not really tasteful ...
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

by Joel H » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 am

Couldn't make it, I was at this: http://saveottercreekpark.wordpress.com/2008/12/23/tonights-meeting-and-next-steps/. Hope y'all had a great time!

In penance I heard Robin on the radio talking about wine on my way back home from Dixie Highway. Excellent!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 am

I got to enjoy that on the way home, as well! Robin, was that from earlier this year? That wasn't today, was it?

Very enjoyable and accessible.
Marsha Lynch
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 am

Marsha L. wrote:I got to enjoy that on the way home, as well! Robin, was that from earlier this year? That wasn't today, was it?

Nope, a rerun of an older show. I don't even remember when it was done! Maybe this year, maybe last ...
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Last night was fun. We should do it again next year, but get some stringers.... :D
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 pm

C. Devlin wrote:Last night was fun. We should do it again next year, but get some stringers.... :D

I'll drink to that but I thought I sang wonderfully and on key.
( However, it is society's fault that doors are unlocked at pubs every day and turn me tone deaf. :wink: )

Lots of fun and good conversation (and caroling) with everyone plus delicious candy made by Mary!

Thanks for another great offline idea, Marsha!
User

Alan Schaefer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm

by Alan Schaefer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 am

Man, I just got to looking at the posts and missed this opportunity. I hope you guys had fun. I will have to look more often and make sure I can get in on the next Offline get together. I haven't been posting or visiting too much lately, I recently took on a new position and have been getting things in order and organized. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Hopefully 2009 will be a good year once we clear the recession. Good Luck , Alan
"The more one learns the more one sees the need to learn more and that study,as well as broadening the mind of the craftsman, provides an easy way of perfecting himself in the practice of our art." Auguste Escoffier
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Hank Sutton wrote:
C. Devlin wrote:Last night was fun. We should do it again next year, but get some stringers.... :D

I'll drink to that but I thought I sang wonderfully and on key.

You DID sing wonderfully on-key. But because I have about a quarter octave range and Gary lapses into this wierd monotone if it's NOT in his range (he actually can carry a tune in a bucket, but his range isn't much more than mine) I'm thinking reinforcements. Although the voices behind us were swell.
Previous