Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Year's Day dining options?

no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

New Year's Day dining options?

by Tina M » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 pm

My sister and I kind of got the shaft in the birthday department. Mine is Christmas Eve, but hers is even worse. Yep. New Year's day.

She's recently moved back into town and I'd love to take her out for her birthday. I was thinking more in terms of a nice lunch rather than dinner. Is anyone (veggie friendly) going to be open?

Thanks in advance. :)
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

Re: New Year's Day dining options?

by Isaac F » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:09 pm

The Windsor Restaurant and Gardens just across the bridge in New Albany would be a possibility. We have some vegetarian items on our lunch menu, and our chefs would be more than happy to supply more options for your party. Our number is 812-944-9688
We'd love to have you!
no avatar
User

Krista K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

downtown, louisville, ky, usa

by Krista K » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I think our (Proof) New Year's Day brunch looks pretty amazing... :D

http://www.proofonmain.com/proof/events/events.aspx#nybrunch09
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:27 pm

My college roommate and his girlfriend came through town last New Year's. He wanted to take her to a nice dinner (as he was home for only a short time from Spain), but wanted to avoid the New Year's Eve rush and markup. I did some New Year's Day searching for him but was unable to uncover much. I'll rack my brain and try to remember the results from my search.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks so much for the responses. I'll talk to her and see what sounds good. I wasn't even thinking about brunch, but that's not a bad idea. New Albany's a bit far - not so much for me, but she's living out in Oldham County.

Matthew, if you can remember any, please feel free to add them. I'm sure we can't be the only people in town wanting to eat on that day anyway. :)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Limestone open New Year's Eve

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 pm

News release, just in:

Limestone Restaurant will be open for regular hours for lunch on the 31st. We are taking reservations for
Dinner until 11p.m. There is a U of L game on NYE and we plan on having that on the big screen in the lounge.

The menu will have a few new additions including rack of lamb and a item new to the area called Pintado Fish. This fresh water, white meat fish is from the Amazon Basin and is delicious. We will be sauteeing it and crowning it with King Crab meat. These are available on our "Feed Me Chef" selection along with Pheasant Consomme and several other delicacies. Our regular menu and prices will be offered for the evening. We have brought in several very nice champagne's as well for your enjoyment. We strongly encourage reservations. There will be a complimentary champagne toast at midnight and noise makers to ring in 09.

Our first wine dinner of 2009 will be on January 15. We will be showcasing wines from across the best vineyards in North America. I will send more info in this in the near future.

We will also be rolling out our new menu January 17th 2009. Details on that to arrive with the wine menu.

From all of us here at Limestone Restaurant a Happy New Year for 2009! We look forward to serving you.
Reservations at 426-7477

Limestone is located at:

10001 Forest Green Boulevard
Louisville, KY 40223
Phone: 502.426.7477
Fax: 502.426.7479

For more information (dress code, parking, map, etc.) or to make reservations at
Limestone:
http://www.opentable.com/restaurant_pro ... stref=2660
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 am

I had a late lunch at Ramsis last Jan I- the food is the food- but my server was the wonderful Goth girl from Amazing Race and I got to ask her all the questions I'm sure she is tired of answering. I think I tipped her 50% because I enjoyed the tales so much.
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

by Andrew Hutto » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:16 am

we will be open new years day at baxter station bar and grill. kitchen hours are from 5p.m. to 10p.m. the bar usually stays open at least a 1/2 hour after the kitchen clooses, but they won't run you out if you sre having a good time.
andrew hutto