Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

kid friendly coffee shop

no avatar
User

Jennifer Kavanagh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 am

kid friendly coffee shop

by Jennifer Kavanagh » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if the kid friendly coffee shop on Bardstown Rd., in the Highlands, is open yet? I'm not sure of the name of it. Saw the sign about a month ago...coming soon.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: kid friendly coffee shop

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Jennifer Kavanagh wrote:Does anyone know if the kid friendly coffee shop on Bardstown Rd., in the Highlands, is open yet? I'm not sure of the name of it. Saw the sign about a month ago...coming soon.

I don't know about that, Jennifer, but I can tell you that I often see childen (with their parents) in the Frankfort Avenue Heine Bros., and nobody seems to mind. They even have some board games, non-caffeine drinks, etc.

They also have a sign, joking perhaps, warning that "Unaccompanied children will be given a double espresso and a free puppy." :D
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:40 pm

That sign has been up for MONTHS. I haven't seen any changes happening though to indicate that it's any closer to opening.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:31 am

See kids in StarBucks alot..
no avatar
User

johnlannon

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 am

Steve's Monkey House

by johnlannon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:03 pm

I believe the signs read "Steve's Monkey House." The signs have been up for months (if not longer). I'm fairly confident that it's a joke. Whether the joke is on us, the public, or the poor souls who plan to open a coffee shop for kids, is yet to be determined. Nothing seems to have happened within the space since the signs went up, so my guess it that this is the work of some rather ineffectual vandals.

In related news, the hookah lounge a couple of doors down has decided to target the "Monkey House" demographic with a few choice promotions: On Mondays, toddlers smoke for free. And daily happy hour specials include $1.50 longnecks for children under the age of 5 and half-price mixed drinks for tweens.