Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

De La Torre's reopens after fire!

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Great news! Reopening and other information in this Email just in ...

De la Torre's Re-opening Post Fire
Wednesday, December 17th, De la Torre's restaurant will re-open. Maggie and Chef Miguel de la Torre are thankful for all the support from the community during this difficult rebuilding time. The fire occurred on November 22nd on the second floor of the La Bodega side of the business. De la Torre's will open for dinner Wednesday, December 17th through Saturday, December 20th. For the Christmas holiday, the restaurant will be closed Sunday, December 21st through Christmas Day-December 25th, re-opening for regular business hours beginning December 26th. La Bodega will remain closed while under construction.

20th Anniversary Celebration - Saturday, December 20th
We're celebrating 20 years of serving the authentic flavors of Madrid. Chef Miguel de la Torre has created a special all tapas menu in honor of the occasion. We have added 20 new tapas as well as new wines. Come join us in celebrating our 20th anniversary! Favorites from the previous dinner menu are now available as tapas. The new menu features over 40 tapas selections.

All Bottles of Wine $20 on the 20th Day of the Month
To thank our patrons, we will feature a special 20th anniversary celebration on the 20th day of each month. Now through July 2009, on the 20th day of the month all bottles of wine will be on sale for only $20.

Celebrate New Year's Eve at De la Torre's
Reservations are now being taken for New Year's Eve. Get your group together to enjoy ringing in the New Year with a fabulous tapas feast.

Spanish Classes Winter Schedule
Join Maggie de la Torre for beginning Spanish classes and conversational Spanish classes at the restaurant. Classes meet weekly at no charge:

Beginning Spanish Class - 8 weeks, Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm, mid-January start date to be determined
Beginning Spanish Class - 8 weeks, Thursdays, 6:30-7:30 pm, mid-January start date to be determined
Conversation Class - Ongoing, Thursdays, 7:30-8:30 pm

De la Torre’s serves tapas Tuesday-Saturday, beginning at 5:30 pm, with full menu service late night Fridays and Saturdays until 2 am.

The restaurant is located at 1606 Bardstown Road in the Bonnycastle neighborhood of the Highlands.
For reservations, call (502) 456-4955.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: De La Torre's reopens after fire!

by GaryF » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:03 pm

What a wonderful deal- free Spanish classes and some tapas. I may very well join in- My Spanish is limited to food and, well, I'm too embarassed to say.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:00 am

Does this mean that just the De La Torre's side is reopening, or La Bodega as well?
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:Does this mean that just the De La Torre's side is reopening, or La Bodega as well?

I'm told that La Bodega suffered more damage and will take a few months.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Robin Garr wrote: I'm told that La Bodega suffered more damage and will take a few months.

Well, glad to hear De La Torre's will reopen, and I hope the La Bodega repairs come along smoothly. I wonder if all tapas will still be available at DLT?
-Alton Brown
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:Well, glad to hear De La Torre's will reopen, and I hope the La Bodega repairs come along smoothly. I wonder if all tapas will still be available at DLT?

If I recall correctly, having reviewed DLT not long before the fire, they had already gone over to the same all-tapas menu at both shops, hadn't they?
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Robin Garr wrote: If I recall correctly, having reviewed DLT not long before the fire, they had already gone over to the same all-tapas menu at both shops, hadn't they?

I just checked the website, and you are correct, sir. I have been under the impression that De La Torre's still had the upscale "entree" style food, but that all tapas were also available there, and that La Bodega only had the tapas.

From the website, it appears that both locations have the same menu, all tapas. I have to say that is honestly disappointing to me. Obviously, it's been a while since I've been to DLT (go to LB often), but I used to really enjoy their entrees, especially the paella.

That being said, I should give it a shot at DLT. When I was in law school in St. Louis, a few of my favorite places were upscale Spanish tapas restaurants (and one fantastic upscale Greek tapas restaurant). It was a big fad in St. Louis, with 4 or 5 upscale Spanish tapas places competing with each other (and always being SLAMMED) in the Clayton, CWE, and downtown areas.
-Alton Brown
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:From the website, it appears that both locations have the same menu, all tapas.

If I remember correctly, though, DLT did still offer a paella, although it may have been a tapa-size portion. Or I may be dreaming this ...
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Made my reservation for New Year's Eve... very excited.
no avatar
User

Patrick McB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am

by Patrick McB » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 am

I believe that in addition to the tapas menu, there is an entree paella available each night. You might want to telephone ahead to confirm