Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tidings of Comfort and Joy - let's go Caroling!

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Marsha L. wrote:I spoke to Siobhan at Irish Rover and she said they'd love to have us, although she warned the piano hasn't been tuned in forever, but I hope everybody knows I'm not really planning on "playing" it, per se, just using it to strike a chord at the beginning or get our starting not or whatever. She said it sounds like fun, and that they have groups come in caroling all the time this time of year.

Would some of the rest of you join us carolers as long as no one's requiring you to sing?

Mary and I are IN!

Maybe start a new thread, something like "Holiday Monday offline @ Irish Rover" and don't mention the OPTIONAL caroling til we get into the body of the post?

Start it in this forum, not offlines, since it's short notice now?
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 pm

And if no one wants to sing I can bring my CD of the Three Irish Tenors Christmas Album.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Would some of the rest of you join us carolers as long as no one's requiring you to sing?

Oh for sure. Monday night? Was that it? Even Gary thinks it sounds like fun. With us, you'll have at least a two-note chord for a glass organ. Which of course will be in constant flux, what with the drinking and all.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 pm

GaryF wrote:And if no one wants to sing I can bring my CD of the Three Irish Tenors Christmas Album.

Hey, if time permits, I could rip a lot of those carols from various CDs onto a playlist and put it on my iPhone. I have a connector that will plug it into the AUX port of a music system. Now all we need is a music system. :)
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 am

Bah Humbug!!!
I must work on Mon after all.
My vocal chords will be with you all.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:15 am

If we do this next year, I'm in for sure. Unfortunately with it being so close to Christmas, and me having 800 things left to do, I just CAN'T. It sounds like so much fun. I LOVE Christmas music.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
Previous