Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Nancy J

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Looking for Friday happy hours

by Nancy J » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:43 pm

A couple of years ago the crew I work with used to head to Saddle Ridge every Friday for happy hour - they had a decent buffet for cheap - but then we got into a rut & it all fell apart. I want to try to get everyone back out again, but maybe we need some new places to try - any ideas? Drink specials of course, but with food too?
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Looking for Friday happy hours

by Brad Keeton » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Without knowing what your preferred style of bar is (with the heads up that my suggestions will be very different from Saddle Ridge), and the assumption that you work downtown and want to stay downtown for happy hour, I suggest Proof. I'm not sure about any drink specials, but they do have food in the bar area, and there's usually a solid, but not overwhelming, crowd there on Friday's after 5. The Seelbach bar is also nice for downtown happy hour for a large group, as it is easy to smash tables together, the servers are very accomodating, and it's usually pretty quiet so everyone can talk. As with Proof, I don't know of any specials, but their cocktails are great and there is food.

I've heard Jeff Ruby's is fun for happy hour, but I've never been.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Nancy J

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 pm

by Nancy J » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Actually we work in the Hurstbourne / Shelbyville Road area, so I don't know how we got started going downtown, but downtown is definitely not a requirement. We all live all over town so we have no geographic requirements.
no avatar
User

Emilie Knieriem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

St. Matthews

by Emilie Knieriem » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:09 pm

60 West Bistro & Martini Bar is right down the street from you guys on Shelbyville Road next to Trinity, and every day we have half price martini's from 4-6, and on Friday's we also have half price bottles of wine all night. We have a extremely nice bar and great food if your group gets hungry! Our website is http://www.60westbistro.com and if you have questions you can reach us at 719-9717. Thanks!
Emilie Knieriem
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
www.60westbistro.com
no avatar
User

Frank Wheatley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Louisville