Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Favorite coffee shop

Caffe Classico
8%
Day's
5%
Derby City Espresso
14%
Heine Brothers
20%
Highland
6%
HobKnobb
2%
Jackson's Organic
18%
Java Brewing
8%
La Vida Java
1%
Old Louisville
1%
Perfektion
1%
Ray's Monkey House
1%
Starbucks
2%
Sunergos
9%
Other
3%

Total votes : 87
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: POLL: Favorite coffee shop

by Steve Shade » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Jackie R. wrote:Carla - Days is next to Edenside gallery in the highlands. One block from Kizito. They've been around for about 13yrs. They attempted a second location years ago that went bust, I think where or near the Java on Main resides.

They also tried a location in Rainbow Blossom in St Matthews that didn't work out.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Anne Shadle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:35 pm

The Mayan Cafe

by Anne Shadle » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Jackson's Organic Coffee is the best!

This is my first post on Hot Bytes, and it's one that I feel pretty strongly about. I serve Christopher's coffee at my restaurant, the Mayan Cafe, and have always had an overwhelmingly positive response to it from my customers. The quality of his coffee is incredibly consistent, and their service is great. I can't say enough good things about both Christopher & Sondra. In fact, I am wearing one of their new Jackson's hoodie sweatshirts right now!
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 am

Ooh, I want a hoodie! Are they selling them at the roastery or was it a "thank you for your business" present?
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 am

Jackson's IS selling the hoodies! But they don't have many left, so HURRY!

The XXL are $20 and the smaller sizes are $18. They also have super cute travel mugs now too.

And no I do not work for them in any way - however they DO brew the best damn cup of coffee in town. Hands down! :)
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Scored a hoodie! Christmas for myself! Christopher is roasting Papua New Guinea... haven't brewed it yet. I keep meaning to tell him he should post his coffee schedule on his website.

I also saved my receipt from Jackson's and Carmichael's for th LIBA contest. Keep it local!
no avatar
User

SteveDuvall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

by SteveDuvall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:09 pm

I like Sunergos Coffee. Good coffee and nice people. You can go next door and get a "French Fry" from Nord's Bakery too.
no avatar
User

Jennifer M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:32 am

by Jennifer M » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:15 pm

This is one that I don't know is possible to vote on. My hands down favorite coffee spot is Jackson's Organic, but since there isn't an environment I can't say it's the all around best, even though it is the all around best. Does that make sense?

I've only been to DCE for quick stops during the day, but it's been very educational when I've been there. I'd love to go try it at night, especially during a tasting class and see if I can fairly vote on that one since Jackson's Organic is served there.

My favorite place to hang out at this point has been Java Brewing on Frankfort or Ray's Monkey House since it has play areas for my daughter but I've driven past Lavida Java and would like to try that out too.

Cafe Classico gets my vote for best food. I love the fries there.

I guess I can't just vote on one.
no avatar
User

Dave Troutman

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:53 am

New Albany

by Dave Troutman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:49 am

Jackson's Organic! Their small batch roasting and the care that goes into each and every roast produces the best product in town. I have been lurking around this forum for several years now and this is my first post. Fitting, I am crazy about my coffee.
Be Here Now
no avatar
User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

by Sherry Deatrick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:18 am

This is hard to vote on for me because I haven't tried all of them. some of them I haven't even heard of!

I just bought a pound of Intelligentsia coffee from The Patron -- it's really smooth! It tastes the way coffee is supposed to taste, no bitter aftertaste because it's precisely measured and roasted, not burned like so many coffees are. Some might find it bland though, if they're used to drinking Starbuck's.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah, I'm one of those who finds Intelligensia totally bland. I can't stand that stuff. But then I consider Expresso Roast to be barely acceptable. DH made some excellent coffee this morning in the French Press.
no avatar
User

Colin H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:28 pm

Crescent Hill

by Colin H » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm

I think it's a toss-up between Sunergos and Jackson's for me.

I make all my coffee at home in a mad-scientist-like fashion that takes way too long, and they both result in an amazing cup of coffee.
Previous