Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Re: xmas eve dining in Louisville

by Vince Yustas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:
Vince Yustas wrote:I just went to the Varanese website, and it announces that they are closed all day the 25th.

Just to clarify, Tom was looking for Christmas Eve options, and they are open then.

Chalk that one up to a senior moment,

BUT I did get reservations today at Volare. Looking forward to the osso buco.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:13 am

We took my mother-in-law to Varanese last night. This place is quickly becoming my favorite fine dining establishment. A top flight experience all the way around. My mother-in-law is frail and the staff demonstrated great patience which I appreciate.
no avatar
User

Tom T

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:12 pm

by Tom T » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Unfortunately, a work emergency kept us from traveling to Louisville this holiday season, so we did not get the opportunity to try Varanese. We kept our reservations there until I knew our trip was off.

Thanks your help in considering our choices. Brad Keeton and Laura B gave me confidence in the choice of Varanese. Mark Head’s experience last night only confirms that. We’ll get my parents there someday.

Other advice also was in-line. We have eaten at the Bristol Bar & Grill in the past; they were only open 11am-3pm on Dec 24. I appreciate the other suggestions, especially the Irish Rover and Z’s Oyster Bar and Steakhouse.

And I appreciate Rick Dissel’s response; we enjoyed the last incarnation of Rick’s, and we look forward to trying out The Blackstone Grille someday.

I also look forward to trying—without my parents—some of the other favorites here, like Vietnam Kitchen, Red Pepper, and the Bombay Grill.

Thanks to all of you for creating a great source of information about Louisville restaurants.
Previous