Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

J. Gumbo's Opening

no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

J. Gumbo's Opening

by TanyaD » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:35 am

I was at Central Station shopping center yesterday (across from Papa John's Stadium) and noticed a new J. Gumbo's is opening up! YAY!! I just hope it's as good as the one in J-town! I've also heard the one at 4th St. Live is open now, but I haven't had a chance to go yet.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:54 am

I hear it's opening on April 30th--can't wait!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:00 am

TanyaD wrote:I hear it's opening on April 30th--can't wait!

I'll bet they get a lot of foot traffic when the Downs is open! I hope it's good too, Tanya, although to be honest, there seems to be a growing concern that the J. Gumbo's franchises, reheating frozen food shipped from HQ, aren't consistently up to the quality of the Frankfort Avenue original. Hope I'm wrong about this, but it bears watching ...
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:04 am

I'll let you know after they open--keeping my fingers crossed!!
no avatar
User

kathy m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Central Station location now open

by kathy m » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:24 pm

The J. Gumbo's in Central Station (just down from the Beef O'Brady's) is now open; hours are M-Th 11am-9pm, F & Sa 11-10, Su noon-8

Prices are $5.66 per item
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:11 pm

Am at work so 4 of us picked up food there this evening. Out of the 4 meals (and an appetizer) I, alone, chose poorly.

The Crawfish Cheese Dip was very good. Loaded with mud bug meat with a great flavor. Toss that on some rice and forget the sad bag chips.

Crawfish Etouffee, White Chili and Drunken Chicken were pronounced "great", "great" and "excellent".

I had Red Beans and Rice and I managed to get 5 large bay leaves in my order. I like bay leaf but it overpowered the dish so I can't really say what the flavor of this dish is. I'll try again but will probably get mud bug etouffee, my favorite. Signs not on the building yet but it is next door to EB Games.