Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:00 am

The last time we drove by (admittedly presurgery), they were working on it and the sign was about equipment being supplied by Chef Supply - sort of like the roofer giving you a small discount if you let him put a sign in your yard while they are working. They also said in the news that they had to reinforce the floor for the ovens, I guess the rotting floor is why.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

EAST END PIZZA

by Deb Hall » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:35 pm

We really like the pizza at the Pizza Box of Springhurst Avenue over by Tinseltown movie Theatre. (they are behind the Panera) As far as I know it's local, not a chain and personally I think they make a great pie and there pricing is VERY good (probably $5-7 less than an equivalent Wick's). Very kid friendly AND they have a separate smoking room plus bar that is truly separate from the non-smokers.

Deb
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:01 pm

i have to agree with you on the Pizza Box. they make a very good pizza. I used to go to them when they were on murphys Lane and also have been to there new and current location....A much better location I might add...
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Now that you mention it Suzi....... when I was there' the guys from Chef's were there taking stuff out! I guess they were making way for construction and new stuff. mmmm, new equipment, Like Christmas!

I was in a hurry so it did not all register!

Yea, the floor in the kitchen was scary!

They have a lot of work to do!
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:52 am

Chef Supply is a restaurant equipment supply company. They also do design and construction. They are doing all for us.

Heather it looks alot better since you were in. We have practically rebuilt the back of the building. Paint, riped up the old floor in the kitchen and put down new subfloor and tile, also new drop ceiling is coming soon. We had to redo the support of the floor in the kitchen also. We also had to move the stairs on the back of the building that go to the upstairs apts to give us room for an outside walk-in. Built a few new walls in the dining room. We start refinishing the dining room floor next week. Already wired for 8 flat screens, including one you can watch while dining outside.

Anyone is welcome to come by and visit. Benny Impellizzeri is there everyday and I'm in and out. We have had alot of people come in so far and they get the tour. With an article in the CJ, a spot on Wave tv, and Terry Meiners talking about it, we've had a hard time staying under the radar. Actually Meiners got the tour last week when he came by.
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:13 pm

ps: Impellizzeri's will be smoke free from day one.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Hey Wes,
Sounds like you have been busy! I am glad things are working out.

Can't wait to see what things will look like when you are done!

I forgot about chef's doing the work!

See you soon!
Previous