Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Mark's Feed Store to move from Clarksville to New Albany

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:01 pm

The Mark's Feed Store branch in Clarksville is moving to New Albany. The local chain's Clarksville location will close after business hours on Sunday, Dec. 7. The new restaurant will open at 3827 Charlestown Road, New Albany, on Thursday, Dec. 11.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Re: Mark's Feed Store to move from Clarksville to New Albany

by Todd Antz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:30 pm

As their now ex-next door neighbor, I would like to wish them a big "good riddance"
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Todd Antz wrote:As their now ex-next door neighbor, I would like to wish them a big "good riddance"

You'll be delighted to hear, then, that I edited down their dramatically overwritten news release from five paragraphs of puffery to two sentences of facts ...
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I take it they were bad neighbors? I'd love to read the puffery!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Amy A wrote:I'd love to read the puffery!

Oh, all right, but do note that I generally edit this stuff to save you guys the time ...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Clarksville Location of Mark’s Feed Store Will Be Moving to New Albany
New Albany Location is Scheduled to Open Dec 11

LOUISVILLE, KY. (Dec. 8, 2008) --- New Albany barbecue lovers rejoice-Mark’s Feed Store is moving into your neighborhood! The Clarksville location of Kentuckiana’s favorite barbecue joint is relocating to the newly renovated facility in New Albany. The old location will close its doors after business hours on Sunday, Dec. 7. Manager Dave Schulz and his staff will open the new Mark’s Feed Store, located at 3827 Charlestown Road, New Albany, on Thursday, December 11. Carryout orders can be called into the new number, 812-949-RIBS(7427) starting Dec 11.

“We’re looking forward to welcoming loyal guests and meeting some new friends in New Albany,” says Schulz. “We believe this location will be more centrally located and more convenient to drop by and have some great barbecue.”

The newest location of Mark’s Feed Store will offer all of Mark’s classic menu favorites and sauces, including the original sauce, red sauce and new hot sauce. Whether you’re in the mood for the mouthwatering barbecue pulled-pork sandwich platter with spicy fries and fried corn on the cob or a slice of Mark’s homemade buttermilk pie, The New Albany location will be the latest place to satisfy your cravings.

The décor will also remain the same with the capacity to serve 119 barbecue lovers. Mark’s will continue to offer catering options as well as delivery. Just like all three Kentucky locations, the New Albany store will be a smoke-free environment.

Mark’s Feed Store has four locations (Highlands, Middletown, Dixie Highway and New Albany,Ind.), which are open Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For information about catering, bottled sauces, gift cards and more, visit http://www.marksfeedstore.com.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Todd Antz wrote:As their now ex-next door neighbor, I would like to wish them a big "good riddance"

You'll be delighted to hear, then, that I edited down their dramatically overwritten news release from five paragraphs of puffery to two sentences of facts ...

That is definate puffery.....

Without getting into any details, I can safely say that once they determined that they were moving, they became very bad neighbors. I only hope that Karma will follow them to New Albany.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Todd Antz wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Without getting into any details, I can safely say that once they determined that they were moving, they became very bad neighbors. I only hope that Karma will follow them to New Albany.
Maybe they will level the building for more parking Todd. That would be cool! As I recall, dude was pretty snotty during the Fest of Ale gig so I can see you're relief at they're relocating.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Todd Antz wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

I'd say Instant Karma is appropriate........ :D
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:15 am

Yawn. :|
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Yawn. :|

Elucidate?
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:10 am

If I ever start writing press releases like that, shoot me. In the meantime, I'm just not a fan of the place, so I yawned. I'm sure they'll do fine in the new location, though.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:If I ever start writing press releases like that, shoot me.

You're a writing pro with a literary style. No way in the world you'll ever write like that ... Not even after a long Saturnalia.