Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

the annual what to get for co-workers question-Proof?

by Ellen White » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:38 am

I am glad to say that the holiday presents my boss is getting for business contacts this year are all local. We ordered some items from Paul's Fruit Market for people at the bank and at court, and for our tenants on another floor of our building. We are doing donations to the Kentucky Humane Society and Greyhounds of Shamrock for our bigger business clients and contacts.
For the tenants on our floor, we were thinking of Proof gift certificates. These are all lawyers, so they could easily go there for lunch.
Or, Vincenzo's? I know that one of them loves Vincenzo's, so I was probably going to get him one from there anyway. I will need four.
So, Proof or Vincenzo's? Or Vincenzo's for the one guy and Proof for the others?
This is just a small token of our appreciation to thank the tenants for renting from us. If you have any other suggestions, I'm open. I would prefer something local and downtown, because I'm the one who will have to go get them!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: the annual what to get for co-workers question-Proof?

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Ellen White wrote:So, Proof or Vincenzo's?

I think Proof strongly beats Vincenzo's these days. Unless your guy is just so in love with Vincenzo's that anything else would be a disappointment for him, I'd say introduce him to Proof. :)
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: the annual what to get for co-workers question-Proof?

by Deb Hall » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Ellen,

I absolutely agree with Robin from a food perspective, but there is something to be said for giving a personal gift. Buying someone a certificate to the place you know they like/love, shows you are paying attention and not just buying a generic gift. Personally, I also have a "old school "Client who loves Vincenzo's and would be uncomfortable at Proof as too "different/ avant-garde". So I think it all depends on the people and what you are trying to accomplish....

Might also give a thought to a gift certificate to Z Fusion- introduce them to something new( since it's not open yet). Bet you could buy one in advance of their opening by getting Stephen or Dallas to check for you.

Deb