Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

LisaWilder

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

Lookout for Authentic Ethnic Breakfast Options

by LisaWilder » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:20 am

I’m constantly on the lookout for authentic ethnic Breakfast options (other than local American Fare). Does anyone know of any Louisville restaurants that are serving an authentic ethnic breakfast? I was so excited to recently discover that the Irish Rover offers and “Authentic Irish Saturday Brunch.” I’m going there this morning and try it when they open at 11:00 A.M.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lookout for Authentic Ethnic Breakfast Options

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 am

Dim sum at Jade Palace is the city's No. 1 ethnic breakfast choice for me. They've got the roving carts and the whole works. When we moved back here from NYC, one of my greatest concerns was that I'd miss real, authentic dim sum. But as it turns out, Jade Palace delivers. I believe they do dim sum every day at midday, but the carts MAY run only on weekends.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 am

Also, most of the more authentic taquerias will offer menudo, huevos y chorizos and other Mexican breakfast specialties at least on Saturday mornings.
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm assuming you're not counting biscuits and sausage gravy as "ethnic"?
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 pm

The Grape Leaf serves brunch on the weekends. And the menu definitely has several interesting options you wouldn't find everywhere. I've enjoyed breakfast there many times.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:46 am

We tried the Sunday brunch buffet at Ramsi's a couple weeks ago and there were quite a few ethnicish items on the menu. The plantain french toast was really yummy. Now that I am writing this I realize that authenticity might be lacking. At any rate the meal was quite good.
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:47 pm

LisaWilder wrote:I’m constantly on the lookout for authentic ethnic Breakfast options (other than local American Fare). Does anyone know of any Louisville restaurants that are serving an authentic ethnic breakfast? I was so excited to recently discover that the Irish Rover offers and “Authentic Irish Saturday Brunch.” I’m going there this morning and try it when they open at 11:00 A.M.

Irish Rover (and Irish Rover Too, in LaGrange) would have been my suggestions, so you're all set....the traditional Irish breakfast is great, though my wife still cringes at the thought of blood sausage....like Haggis, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn