Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Sohee Lacey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Sake Blue - Grand Opening & Charity Event on Tues, Dec 9!

by Sohee Lacey » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:42 am

Hello forum members, we've received permission from Robin Garr to post the press release for Sake Blue's grand opening where we are donating 50% of our sales to the Crusade for Children. It would be wonderful to have many forum members make the event! - Sohee Lacey

Sake Blue Donating 50% of December 9 Grand Opening Sales to WHAS Crusade for Children
New Fern Creek Japanese bistro fuses best of modern and traditional Japan

A unique Japanese restaurant has opened in the growing community of Fern Creek, near the Gene Snyder Freeway. Sake Blue Japanese Bistro combines a modern ambience and sophisticated cuisine with the traditional Japanese principles of “washoku” that encourage mindful eating and fresh, healthful preparation.

Located off Bardstown Road near the Gene Snyder Freeway at 9326 Cedar Center Way, Sake Blue offers a variety of dining experiences from sushi bar to fine dining to hibachi grilling, along with a variety of vegetarian options. The restaurant is celebrating the holidays with a Grand Opening Celebration Tuesday evening, December 9.

The special event will include:

• Gift card and wine giveaways
• Free sushi samples throughout the night
• One-cent hot sake with entrée or sushi orders
• Live music throughout the night
• Special offers for local firefighters (with valid identification)
• 50% of sales donated to the WHAS Crusade for Children

The Grand Opening Celebration will run from 11:30am until 2:30pm (lunch), and 5 p.m. until 10 p.m (dinner) on December 9. The ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 4:30pm.

Sake Blue offers unique washoku dishes such as Orange Ginger Scallops pan-seared with preserved lemon, creamy polenta and kale, as well as pan-roasted Miso-Glazed Cod with seared sushi rice and asparagus, and the vegetarian Shiitake Ravioli, Japanese wontons stuffed with Shiitake mushrooms and ricotta and finished with shiso pesto and reduced balsamic vinegar. The Rock, is a hands-on appetizer where thin slices of filet mignon are grilled directly on a hot Japanese river rock tableside.

Vegetarian options include Pear and Warm Goat Cheese Salad, Hibachi Grilled Tofu, several vegetarian sushi rolls and Vegetarian BiBimBap . The restaurant also serves liquor, wine, imported beer and an extensive sake selection. Hibachi tables offer a more traditional cuisine of grilled entrees including teriyaki chicken, steaks and seafood.

In addition to traditional sushi and sashimi, an extensive selection of signature sushi rolls includes the:

• Ocean Drive, made of tuna, yellowtail, fresh green pepper, cilantro and spicy mayo wrapped in a soft codfish paper and drizzled with lime juice and chili oil
• Tuna 3-Way featuring spicy tuna topped with two more cuts of tuna, plus scallions and a drizzle of orange-mango sauce
• Haba Berry roll that’s both sweet and spicy, with habañero chili-flavored salmon, deep-fried jalapeño and masago, and topped with fresh strawberries, mango and avocado and a drizzle of kiwi/green tea sauce

Fine food, contemporary design and local ownership

Sake Blue Japanese Bistro combines the service and quality of a fine-dining restaurant with the casual vibe and lively energy of a neighborhood hotspot. The dramatic décor features sweeping kites above the dining hall, rustic bamboo-lined walls, granite tabletops and warm lighting. Elegant details include a painting of a single brushstroke along the sushi bar wall.

The locally owned restaurant is operated by Eunsuk Marie Lacey and is the first Japanese restaurant to join the growing community of Fern Creek.

Sake Blue is open for both lunch and dinner. Hours are as follows:

Mon-Thurs: 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-10pm
Fri: 11:30am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-11pm
Sat: All day from 11:30am-11pm
Sun: All day from 12pm-9:30pm

All major credit cards are accepted. For reservations or more information, please call 502.708.1500.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sake Blue - Grand Opening & Charity Event on Tues, Dec 9!

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for posting, Sohee, and welcome to our forum. Sadly, I have a conflict for Tuesday night (and I'm afraid a number of forum members do, too), but I've been hearing very good things about Sake Blue and hope to get out that way soon.
no avatar
User

HollyR

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:28 pm

by HollyR » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:46 am

I noticed this is listed in the Courier-Journal today as being "tomorrow," as in Sunday. It's not. The event is actually this Tuesday. (They do have it correct on their blog, and it's also correct on ConsumingLouisville.com.)

Full disclosure: I have a designer friend who knows Sohee (the mgr.) and he asked me to help send her press release around.

I'm glad most of the foodies get their restaurant news from Louisville Hot Bytes & Consuming Louisville...hopefully she'll still have a crowd on Tuesday, since it's a charity event for the Crusade for Children.
no avatar
User

Sohee Lacey

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Sohee Lacey » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks Robin and Holly.

Yes, there was a mistake in the Courier this morning with the wrong date, but I hope most people will know that it's on Tuesday Dec 9. If a lot of people come tomorrow thinking that it's the grand opening, we can still do a couple of special things for them :D

Hope to see both of you soon!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:01 am

Oh wow! Those Shiitake Ravioli sound amazing! Thank you for including some great vegetarian choices on your menu and I hope the event tonight is a huge success.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Sohee Lacey

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Sohee Lacey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks Heather - the event yesterday evening was a great success! We had a more-than-expected turnout and we were able to raise a significant amount of money for Crusade for Children - we were all smiles last night. Btw, the Shiitake Ravioli dish is one of my favorites on the menu. It has an amazing blend of lemon citrus that complements the nutty and rich flavor of the shiitake and ricotta. Asians are used to dipping their "yakimandoo" and "gyoza" in a soy sauce blended dip so the reduced balsamic sauce was a natural choice.

I don't know who from the forum attended, but thank you for the support!
no avatar
User

Matt K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Downtown

by Matt K » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:22 am

I was there!! I live just minutes from there and I love it, have been going about once a week since opening.