Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Year's 2008

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

New Year's 2008

by Sallie P. » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 am

I saw a few Christmas specials at restaurants on the forum...we went to Blu Italian last year and it was very good....wodering if it is open this year and looking for any new ones for Christmas and restaurant specials for New Year's Eve?
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: New Year's 2008

by Brad Keeton » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 pm

We went to Avalon last year, and had a great time. Also, you can purchase a gift certificate from them worth $100 for $75, and use it on yourself (or give it as a gift if you like). We did that last year as well.

I honestly cannot remember if they have a special NYE menu or prix fixe, or if it's the regular menu.

Oh, thinking of NYE dining out always makes me miss Zephyr Cove's NYE dinner (and Zephyr Cove in general).
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Along the same lines, is there anything that might come close to the Jazz Factory New Year's bash? We loved the Jazz Factory for New Year's, and now we're casting around for something like it.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Here is info from Proof that I received in an email.....

Celebrate The New Year with Proof on Main and 21c Museum Hotel

December 31, 2008

Let's face it, 2008 was a bummer. Bail yourself out of that funk with your friends at Proof on Main and 21c Museum Hotel.

If you'll be watching the ball drop elsewhere, Proof invites you to dine from our signature Proof favorites. Our ala carte menu will be offered from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.

Beginning at 8pm, Chef Paley will offer diners a special pre-fixe tasting menu. Enjoy four courses and a sampling of Proof sweets before heading downstairs to a rocking party at 21c. Local favorite Hay DJ will be providing the tunes in the atrium-turned-dance-lounge. The co st is $121 per person and includes a four course tasting menu, party favors, and a champagne toast at midnight.

Stuck with prior dinner obligations? Join us in the 21c Lounge, created solely for New Year's Eve, complete with DJ, dancefloor, balloon drop, and space to kick back and sip bubbly. Eleven dollars and a new or gently used backpack will get into the party, with the goods going to support Blessings with a Backpack. (We'll let you in for $21 if you come empty-handed, but c'mon, pick up a backpack! There are kiddos out there that need your help.) A cash bar will be available and, of course, a champagne toast at midnight underneath the glow of disco balls.

Easy Cinderella. There's no reason to rush home when the clock strikes twelve. Your fairy godmother must have been looking out because 21c is offering the deal of the century. For just $365 per couple, enjoy the pre-fixe dinner at Proof, the party at 21c, and a luxurious room to call home for the night. Throw in late check out plus a little continental breakfast to soak up last night's fun, and 2009 is already looking up.

› View the pre-fixe menu
› For dinner reservations, call 502-217-6360
› For room reservations, call 502-217-6300
› To learn more about Blessings in a Backpack, click here
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 pm

I posted the whole menus for Proof's New Year's Eve and New Year's Day brunch specials over at Consuming Louisville. I found lots on the brunch menu really appealing.

Sampling:
brunch
steel cut oatmeal
caramelized banana, espresso bourbon syrup 7

buttermilk granola pancakes
sugarbush maple syrup 11

bison pastrami hash
peasant potatoes, poached egg, truffle oil 10

baked country omelet
fine herbs, local white cheddar 9
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Can't do it, but Proof is my absolute best place in the Ville.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Proof has always seemed like the best place to transform into a New Year's Eve party. Anybody have any information about the actual dance floor? Is it one of those prefab things set up just for a party? Is it big enough to accommodate more than a handful of folks? Is it wood?