Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Daylight savings time

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Daylight savings time

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:56 am

I've been wondering why I see posts that were written after I read them? It's because the new software Robin is using doesn't automatically compensate for daylight savings time. You have to go into the user control panel, general preferences and manually turn off daylight savings time for your posts to appear correctly. When some people have changed it and others haven't it's possible to see the response to a question posted before the question is asked! Kind of makes things confusing. :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Daylight savings time

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am

Mark R. wrote:I've been wondering why I see posts that were written after I read them? It's because the new software Robin is using doesn't automatically compensate for daylight savings time. You have to go into the user control panel, general preferences and manually turn off daylight savings time for your posts to appear correctly. When some people have changed it and others haven't it's possible to see the response to a question posted before the question is asked! Kind of makes things confusing. :mrgreen:

Mark, your settings actually govern the way the forum looks to YOU, so once you change your own settings to reflect DST (or not), then all time stamps should appear accurate to you. In other words, the change affects your display of incoming time, not outgoing time. Make sense?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 am

That is how I assumed it worked too. However a couple of times when I replied quite quickly to someone else's post the time on the post's showed that by reply was posted before the question? not sure how that happened.

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Mark R. wrote:That is how I assumed it worked too. However a couple of times when I replied quite quickly to someone else's post the time on the post's showed that by reply was posted before the question? not sure how that happened.

Poltergeists?
no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

This is actually due to Gravity waves in the space time continuum, and their effect on the Internet's tubes. I'm sure that now that Ted Stevens is unemployed he could probably come down here and fix it for us .. Ted ... can you hear us?

GG.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Gary Guss wrote:This is actually due to Gravity waves in the space time continuum, and their effect on the Internet's tubes. I'm sure that now that Ted Stevens is unemployed he could probably come down here and fix it for us .. Ted ... can you hear us?

GG.

This was addressed in the original Star Trek series and is actually based upon Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. :lol:
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:27 am

Maybe I'm just typing too fast! :mrgreen:

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:32 am

Mark R. wrote:Maybe I'm just typing too fast! :mrgreen:

Let's see how fast I can type. As I hit the SUBMIT key, my computer clock (which is set daily by contact with USNO) just turned to 7:31 a.m.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:33 am

Robin Garr wrote:Let's see how fast I can type. As I hit the SUBMIT key, my computer clock (which is set daily by contact with USNO) just turned to 7:31 a.m.

Okay, so it looks like our server clock is 1 minute fast. Close enough for folk music ...
no avatar
User

Ted Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:54 am

Clifton

by Ted Stevens » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:09 am

Sorry, but they took away my private jet and flight crew :mrgreen:
no avatar
User