Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

restaurant.com sale

no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

restaurant.com sale

by Holly C » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 pm

60% off all gift certificates, so a $25 certificate is $4 instead of the usual $10. Plus, they'll give you a $10 "generic" certificate in your account to be redeemed at a later date. Go to restaurant.com, find the restaurants you want, then in the shopping cart enter the code "APRIL" and "recalculate total" to see the discounts. Sale runs through April 30.

-Holly
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Cool! I love restaurants.com anyway!
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

Re: restaurant.com sale

by Gretchen D. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:41 pm

Holly Cummings wrote:60% off all gift certificates, so a $25 certificate is $4 instead of the usual $10. Plus, they'll give you a $10 "generic" certificate in your account to be redeemed at a later date. Go to restaurant.com, find the restaurants you want, then in the shopping cart enter the code "APRIL" and "recalculate total" to see the discounts. Sale runs through April 30.

-Holly

Do you have to register on the site for the discount? Almost all of the restaurants would not add a gift card to the shopping cart. Others that would (which I don't prefer), didn't appear to be at a discount. Do you have to give all your personal information before a markdown is applied?
Thanks!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:46 pm

:D :D :D :D Thanks it is a great site...Nice to see that they list "ALL" places to eat.....' :D :D
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: restaurant.com sale

by Holly C » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Gretchen D. wrote: Do you have to register on the site for the discount? Almost all of the restaurants would not add a gift card to the shopping cart. Others that would (which I don't prefer), didn't appear to be at a discount. Do you have to give all your personal information before a markdown is applied?
Thanks!

In years past you could purchase without registering for the site. I'm registered anyway because I like getting the emails that say they're having a sale, so I'm not sure if you have to be registered to purchase them.

When you first add a certificate to your shopping cart, it will appear at full price. Then, when you go to checkout, there will be a place to enter a discount code -- enter "April" and then hit the button that says "recalculate total". Then it should appear with the discounted price. Hope that helps.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:29 pm

I am registered because I've used that site for quite some time. Worked fine, but not until you hit the "recalculate" button.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

the Highlands

Problems

by Gretchen D. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:40 pm

I have tried to purchase gift certificates to no avail! Do you go to the specific restaurant and click on the gift box icon and then continue with the checkout? If so, I can't get it to work (and I did register). If not, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Holly C » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:40 pm

Gretchen,
Sorry you seem to be having problems. Here you go, step by step:

1. Go to http://www.restaurant.com. Choose a region by zip code or state, on the left-center side of the page. For instance, enter "40202" in the zip code box. It takes you to all the Louisville-area restaurants.
2. Pick a restaurant. If you click on the name of the restaurant, it takes you to information about the restaurant, such as menu. To purchase a gift certificate, choose one of the price options. For instance, if you want an Artemesia certificate, click the radio button next to either "$10 certificate; yours for $3" or "$25 certificate; yours for $10." Choose the appropriate number of certificates and click "Add to cart."
3. It will tell you that you've added the certificate to your cart. From here you can keep shopping, view cart, or check out. Choose check out (assuming you're done).
4. It will show you your cart and your subtotal, which will be the full price for the certificate (ie, $10). Enter "APRIL" in the box at the top that says, "Enter Discount Code & Click "Recalculate Total" " then click "recalculate total."
5. The page will refresh and you will see the discounted price ($4). Hit "continue" and it will ask you to sign in. Do so.
6. Then you enter your payment info and submit and it should all go through.

Hope that helps. I'm not a restaurant.com rep or anything; just a long-time user.
no avatar
User

kathy m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

restaurants.com

by kathy m » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 am

when you get the certificates, most have stipulations on their use --like for Artemesia : "Min purchase of 2 entrees & starters. Valid Dinner only. Excludes alcohol, tax, tips & other offers "

--does this mean you pay for 2 entrees and starters, then use the certificate for soft drinks and desserts, or a 3rd person ?
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:18 am

It means that you must order at least 2 apps and two entrees. When you bill comes you give them the gift cert for $25 which is deducted from your bill, then you pay the remainder and tip on the original total.

Works just like any other gift cert.

Really I've used them lots.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Holly Cummings wrote: To purchase a gift certificate, choose one of the price options. For instance, if you want an Artemesia certificate, click the radio button next to either "$10 certificate; yours for $3" or "$25 certificate; yours for $10." Choose the appropriate number of certificates and click "Add to cart."

OK, not to seem like a total idiot, but I specifically tried Artemesia, and nowhere on the page that came up when I clicked on the restaurant name had an option to purchase a $10; yours for $3, etc. This also did not come up when I clicked on the gift box icon for gift certificates. It said to contact the restaurant directly and gave a phone number!!

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!!
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:07 pm

Gretchen, I just did it 20 minutes ago. You're starting on the http://www.restaurant.com page right?
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:24 pm

After you search by zip code or city you can see the Louisville retaurants. Artemisia is the first one.

See the box on the left that describes the restaurant? Now look to the right and theres a box that reads:

$10 dining certificate your price $3
$25 dining certificate your price $10

Click the radio button to the left of the one you want.

Then choose the quantity you want and click on the button that reads:
Add to Cart

That will take you to a screen that tells you whatws in your cart.

Click on the button that reads:
Check out

Near the top of the screen that displays now are these instructions:

Enter Discount Code &
Click "Recalculate Total"

Enter APRIL into the box and click the button that reads:
Recalculate total.

See how the total now reflects your discount?

Enter your payment method.

It does take a while for the purchase to process, so play three or four games of solitare.

You will eventually get a message with links to print our your certificates.

PS, you might want to check your account, because if you've been impatient while the certificates are processing, you may have actually purchased several.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:26 pm

Leah s wrote:Gretchen, I just did it 20 minutes ago. You're starting on the http://www.restaurant.com page right?

THANK YOU!!! I am a COMPLETE IDIOT!! I firmly believe I have donated most of my brain cells to my children!!! I was actually going to the restaurants.com page - adding that extra little letter "s" was what was causing all my troubles!!!

Thanks for being patient with me. :oops: :oops: :oops:
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Oh yeah. I did that once. That messes you up totally.

:lol:

I was actually referring to going to the restaurants.com page instead of the restaurant.com page, but you could have read that as regarding having kids.

I did that once too!