Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Reminder: Dining Out for Life is tomorrow

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am

12th Annual Dining Out For Life presented by Brown-Forman and Republic National Distributing Company

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 3, 2008, when you can enjoy dining at a participating restaurant. Thanks to the generous support of our area restaurateurs, a portion of your check will benefit HIV/AIDS services provided by House of Ruth and Glade House. Learn more at 502-587-5080 or for a list of participating restaurants, visit
http://www.diningoutforlife.com

Make one meal matter on December 3rd!
no avatar
User

Patrick McB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am

Re: Reminder: Dining Out for Life is tomorrow

by Patrick McB » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:58 pm

I have seen a couple e-mails from the House of Ruth folks and it seems that the turn out for the Dine Out for Life event yesterday was great. And, many compliments to the wait-staff and management at many of the participating restaurants. Thanks to any of you who participated as restaurant owners or as customers.

I would be interested to hear back from any of the participating restaurants as to their side of the experience. And, if there are suggestions as to how the House of Ruth might make it an even bigger event next year.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Patrick, I am not in the biz, but I did go to Bristol Hurstbourne last evening for dinner......when we left about 7:00, it was standing room only, and people were still pouring in. They were doing a booming business last evening. Was glad we got there when we did so that we didn't have the wait.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Le Gallo Rosso had a pretty packed house last night as well.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Meridian Cafe had a tv broadcast with House of Ruth from the restaurant in the morning, which we hope helped out with the fundraiser!

We had an average crowd for the day but it seemed to be a lot of regulars, and not much conversation about the day's event.

I heard it all over the radio, and TV. So it was well publicized, and I hope they raised as much money as last year, if not more!