Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

THIS ONE IS FOR THE KIDS

no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Jeffersontown

THIS ONE IS FOR THE KIDS

by Dan Boyle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I have spoken with Robin about this and have his OK to post this to the forum.

Charitable contribution request

I work closely with the J-Town Little League, I coach, and my lovely wife who helps run the concessions has informed me that they're in need of a little charity help. Equipment mainly. If these items are just laying around, maybe never to be used again, taking up space, good condition or working order.

If there is anyone out here that has any of the following or can direct me to where I can find these items, I know that the kids would be greatly appreciative.

1. Small Ice Machine

2. Small Pizza Oven or Warmer.

3. Hot Dog Cooker, The roller type

4. Micrwave, Industrial or Restaurant Size.

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Dan Boyle
V.P.
Food & Dining Magazine
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersontown

Any ideas?

by Dan Boyle » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:59 pm

I know this is a tough one, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas that may help out??

Thanks

Dan
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Go for Cash Dan.

by Scott Hack » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Dan,

I think you would be better off asking for cash donations to purchase this equipment. Check the web, get prices, contact the local guys, get prices... let them know it is for charity. Go around to all the businesses and get said no to a few times. Ask for a donation in exchange for a sign thanking them for providing the equipment. If some of the restaurants want to donate gift cards, offer them for sale at face value to other members of the little league.

It might not all happen this season. Also, you might find a pizza place out that way who would be willing to purchase a warmer in exchange for the contract to provide pizza for the concession stand.

-Scott
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

by Carolyne Davis » Tue May 15, 2007 5:16 pm

By any chance are you still looking for equipment donations??? I may have something you can use. Just let me know on this forum, I will check tomorrow. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersontown

by Dan Boyle » Wed May 16, 2007 9:53 am

Yes I am.

Our sports activities roll on through October. We've got an upcoming tourney for Memorial Day weekend w/ 64 teams from around the state coming into town. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me via email or call me at Food & Dining Magazine.

As they say in Hawaiian, Mahalo Nui Loa, (Thank You Very Much).

Dan
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun May 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Dan,

We don't have any of the equipment you are looking for, but we may have some consumables (cups/napkins/salt/pepper/etc) we could donate if you can use them. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Deb