Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Spring promotion offers more gift certs with Food & Dini

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:01 am

Can't wait to see what's in the next issue of <i>Food & Dining</i>? Why not subscribe, and get your own copy by mail right off the presses? With our Spring promotion, you've rarely had a better deal: Sign up for one year for $18, and we'll give you four quarterly editions and pay you back in full with $18 in local-restaurant gift certificates. Better still, take two years for just $24, we'll send you eight issues and add $36 worth of local gift certificates.

Subscribe online at: www.foodanddiningmagazine.com

The Spring 2007 issue will be on the street by the end of next week, featuring the usual variety of great info including an in-depth report on BRUNCH by Greg Gapsis, profiles of four top local chefs by Michael Jones, the gingerbread pancake recipe from Toast on Market, and reports from all our usual columnists including a special wine report with 20 top wine recommendations from Scott Harper, Len Stevens, Jerry Slater and yours truly.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

F&D Subscription

by Gretchen D. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Doesn't Food & Dining do special annual publications as well (like the Best of Awards)? Are those included in the subscription? Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: F&D Subscription

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Gretchen D. wrote:Doesn't Food & Dining do special annual publications as well (like the Best of Awards)? Are those included in the subscription? Thanks.

Gretchen, no, our policy to this point has been to focus on making the four regular quarterly issues as strong in content and graphics and creativity as they can possibly be. We haven't had any "special editions" to date. As for "best of" awards, those generally turn into mere popularity contests. I think our 1,000 capsule restaurant reviews and colorful maps are a lot more useful to consumers than "awards."
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 pm

Robin,
I went to purchase the two year subscription, and it doesn't make it real clear that you will receive two $18 gift certificates. It states it in red at the top that you will receive one, but under the two year subsrciption, it doesn't say that the $18 gift certificate is in addition to the one for the first year subscription.

Also, if I wait until next week, would the subscription start with the Spring 2007 issue instead of the Winter 2006?

Thanks!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Gretchen D. wrote:Robin,
I went to purchase the two year subscription, and it doesn't make it real clear that you will receive two $18 gift certificates. It states it in red at the top that you will receive one, but under the two year subsrciption, it doesn't say that the $18 gift certificate is in addition to the one for the first year subscription.

Also, if I wait until next week, would the subscription start with the Spring 2007 issue instead of the Winter 2006?

Thanks!

Gretchen, don't worry! We're just in the process of getting the Spring edition out, so some things need tweaking, but you have my personal assurance that you'll get the two gift certs, and that your sub will start with the new edition, not the last one. If there's any problem, just let me know ... but there won't be. :)
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

by Jeff U » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:05 am

Thanks Robin for the tip. I have been meaning to subscribe and just never got around to it. Adding the link made it easy...no more excuses, now I am a subscriber.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 am

Jeff U wrote:I am a subscriber.

Thanks, Jeff! I hope you enjoy the mag and think you will. We're very proud to be associated with <I>Food & Dining</I>.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Gretchen, don't worry! We're just in the process of getting the Spring edition out, so some things need tweaking, but you have my personal assurance that you'll get the two gift certs, and that your sub will start with the new edition, not the last one. If there's any problem, just let me know ... but there won't be. :)

Thanks for the explanation, Robin! I have subscribed for two years and can't wait for the new addition to arrive in the mail!! (not to mention the certificates) :lol:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Gretchen D. wrote:I have subscribed for two years and can't wait for the new addition to arrive in the mail!! (not to mention the certificates) :lol:

Gretchen, thanks! I hope you enjoy Food & Dining and I believe you will.

As I understand it, the Spring edition is at the printer right now and should be back next week. They immediately start distributing them, both to news stands and to postal subscribers. The only issue then is that it's in the hands of the post office, and they're unpredictable - sometimes fast, sometimes not so fast. But if you don't get it in a reasonable time, let me know and I'll find out what's up.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Subscription Renewal

by TanyaD » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:46 am

Robin,

I would like to get the two-year offer, but I don't know when my subscription expires. If I purchase it, will it add on to my current subscription, or will I get a duplicate?

Thanks,

Tanya
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Subscription Renewal

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am

TanyaD wrote:Robin,

I would like to get the two-year offer, but I don't know when my subscription expires. If I purchase it, will it add on to my current subscription, or will I get a duplicate?

Thanks,

Tanya

Tanya, it looks like you subscribed in July 2006 for a subscription to begin with the fall edition, so this issue should be your third, and you've still got one more to go. Let me run this by the Food & Dining folks and make sure before you sign on ... I'd think they could just extend your subscription by adding four (or eight) more issues, but let's make sure first. :)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 am

Thanks for checking, Robin!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:33 am

TanyaD wrote:Thanks for checking, Robin!

Okay, Tanya, I have definitive word. F&D looked up your sub, and I was right, you've got one more issue coming (after this new one) on your original subscription, but if you decide to extend now, they will definitely add the eight new issues on to your current subscription. I knew they wouldn't try to chisel you out of an issue or two. ;)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Thanks!

by TanyaD » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 am

Great, Robin! Thanks for the info!
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Expiring Subscriptions

by Vince Yustas » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:18 am

Robin,
Any chance we can get the subscription end date printed on the mailing label? I missed the last issue before I renewed (learned of its printing when I saw a discussion on the board) and had to find one in the city. That would be a much appreciated assistance if it's not too big a hassle. Thanks.
Next