Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche December Latino dinner

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Seviche December Latino dinner

by Gayle DeM » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:24 pm

FYI: When I went to the November Latino at Seviche last week, I received the menu for next month's dinner:

The December Latino dinner at Seviche is will feature El Salvador on December 17:

“Sopa de Camarones” – Shrimp Stew with Squash, Carrots, Cilantro, and Lemon-Tomato Broth

“Pupusas” – Roasted Pork and Manchego Cheese Stuffed Masa Flatbread with Black Bean-Cumin Broth

“Pollo Milanesa” – Bread Chicken with Black Beans and Rice, Roasted Onion, and Smoked Paprika Plum Tomato Ragout

“Pastel De Tres Leches” – Three Milk Cake with Lemon Custard, Toasted Walnuts and Strawberry Coulis

I've only missed one so far. I most definitely will be at this upcoming one.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Seviche December Latino dinner

by Brad Keeton » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:06 pm

What's the price for these?
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Looks exciting! 8)
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:42 pm

My bill was $80.11 but I did order a pour of Kaluha with my coffe.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:My bill was $80.11 but I did order a pour of Kaluha with my coffe.

Sorry for more questions, I'm just very interested in these dinners (yeah, yeah, I know I could pick up the phone and call Seviche and ask, but where's the fun in that?)

For your $80, was wine included with each course, and I'm assuming that was per person?
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Brad- unless the price has gone up since the move to Bardstown, which I doubt, it is $55 per person which includes a wine during the reception and a wine with each course, so usualkly 5 in all. It is really a great bargain with the added gift of learning about the country and each of the wines.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 pm

You are right Gary. :) I did an online search. The price is indeed $55 plus tax and gatuity.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Oh my GOSH this sounds incredible. I am drooling over that menu.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

GaryF wrote:Brad- unless the price has gone up since the move to Bardstown, which I doubt, it is $55 per person which includes a wine during the reception and a wine with each course, so usualkly 5 in all. It is really a great bargain with the added gift of learning about the country and each of the wines.

I was explaining this to my wife a few days ago, to which she replied by pointing out that she had seen a flyer two weeks ago on these dinners, and was well aware of the details. In the future, I'll check with her first before blindly posting questions.
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

David DuBou

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

by David DuBou » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:19 am

It's great to see some people chatting about the upcoming Seviche wine dinner.
I hope we will see all of you there.
For everyone who would like to see the entire menu with the wine pairings, i have it posted below.
since El Salvador has a lot of Spanish influence, the wines will all be from Spain and we will be showing some really interesting wines.
here is the menu and the line-up:

ReceptionSitios de Bodega 2006 Verdejo, Rueda

Dinner:
“Sopa de Camarones” – Shrimp Stew with Squash, Carrots, Cilantro, and Lemon-Tomato Shrimp Broth 

Artazuri 2007 Rosado, Navarra

“Pupusas” – Roasted Pork and Manchego Cheese Stuffed Masa Flatbread with Black Bean-Cumin Broth
Orobio by Artadi 2005 Rioja Tinto

“Pollo Milanesa” – Breaded Chicken with Black Beans and Rice, Roasted Onion, and Smoked Paprika Plum Tomato Ragout
Artazuri 2006 Garnacha, Navarra

“Pastel De Tres Leches” – Three Milk Cake with Goat Cheese Custard, Toasted Walnuts & Strawberry Coulis
Gramona 2004 "Gran Cuvee" Cava, Penedes
no avatar
User

David DuBou

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

by David DuBou » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:21 am

also - to confirm: the dinner is $55 per person + tax and gatuity.
if anyone has any questions about the dinner, please feel free to e-mail me at ddubou@vintnerselect.com