Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurants are missing -

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Restaurants are missing -

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 pm

With the gorgeous weather, we were looking for somewhere ultra-casual with a brief drive out of the city for lunch.

First tried Widow's Walk in Clarksville, figuring we'd see the museum across the street after. The phone number no longer exists . . . is it closed again?

Then tried Buffalo Crossing. The web page is no longer there, and the phone has been disconnected.

Now, I may be the only person here who will miss these two, but it's still a sad occasion.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Restaurants are missing -

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 pm

andrew mellman wrote:With the gorgeous weather, we were looking for somewhere ultra-casual with a brief drive out of the city for lunch.

First tried Widow's Walk in Clarksville, figuring we'd see the museum across the street after. The phone number no longer exists . . . is it closed again?

Then tried Buffalo Crossing. The web page is no longer there, and the phone has been disconnected.

Now, I may be the only person here who will miss these two, but it's still a sad occasion.

Sad news, Andrew, but thanks for the report. Widow's Walk had new ownership last year and really seemed motivated. I'm sorry to see it go, but wonder if that cute little house can stay vacant for long.

I had heard a rumor of Buffalo Crossing's demise a while back but then heard a counter-rumor that it wasn't gone. Sorry to have the story confirmed.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Restaurants are missing -

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:19 pm

andrew mellman wrote:With the gorgeous weather, we were looking for somewhere ultra-casual with a brief drive out of the city for lunch.

Other thoughts: Joe Huber's. Norma Jean's in LaGrange. Ken-Tex Barbecue in Shelbyville. Or any of the several taquerias in Shelbyville.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Isn't there a nice Bistro on Main Street in Shelbyville? It's been a while, but I seem to remembering a charming little place there.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm pretty sure that I remember seeing an auction of the Buffalo Crossing property quite some time ago.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:56 pm

Drove by there last week and they are closed..... :( :(
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:07 pm

Amy A wrote:Isn't there a nice Bistro on Main Street in Shelbyville? It's been a while, but I seem to remembering a charming little place there.

Yes, Bistro 535. I haven't been there in ages but I always had good experiences there when I lived in Shelbyville.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Shelbyville

by Kris Billiter » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:25 pm

There are some good little places here in Shelbyville. Ken Tex is good BBQ and they have a real popular steak special on Fridays. They have a nice brisket and a really good sliced pork sandwhich. La Fiesta Mexicana is "downtown" and it is also quite tasty. Bistro is always a nice option and has a pretty decent Sunday brunch also. Our Best is also a great place to get a meal and it is a really nice drive. If you find yourself downtown check out the Image Tree. It is mainly a stationary store but they also have an ice cream bar that serves Graeters!

Kris
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:44 pm

:D :D :D :D Agree with Ken-Tex and Our Best....Great food...little money... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

thanks -

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks for recommendations . . . we do like Bistro, and have wanted to try Our Best for ages but keep forgetting about them!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:48 pm

If you go to Our Best get the Fried Chicken....this stuff is really finger licken good.... :lol: :lol:
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Our Best

by Steve Shade » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:48 am

robert szappanos wrote:If you go to Our Best get the Fried Chicken....this stuff is really finger licken good.... :lol: :lol:

Our Best is great and the fried chicken is really good. Actually everything is good. Right in the middle of downtown Smithfield.

Buffalo Crossing .. a shame that it didn't make it. Have taken the grandkids a couple of times and they loved it.
no avatar
User

Andrea N.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Widow's Walk

by Andrea N. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:42 pm

My son and I dropped by Widow's Walk last Friday afternoon (the 20th) during the air show practice and had some wonderful ice cream. The only note on the door was that they were closed for a private party for Thunder.
I'll check them out next time I am in the area but they sure did not look like they were closing.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Widow's Walk

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:47 pm

Andrea N. wrote:My son and I dropped by Widow's Walk last Friday afternoon (the 20th) during the air show practice and had some wonderful ice cream. The only note on the door was that they were closed for a private party for Thunder.
I'll check them out next time I am in the area but they sure did not look like they were closing.

That's great news, Andrea. Thanks for the report!