Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bulk herbs for Thanksgiving

no avatar
User

Lisa A W

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 am

Bulk herbs for Thanksgiving

by Lisa A W » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 am

Where is a good place to buy those large amounts of fresh herbs at a reasonable price?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Bulk herbs for Thanksgiving

by Mark R. » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 am

We always finds that the ones in the Fresh Market are very nice and the price isn't too bad. Whole Foods is a good bit more expensive but again the quality is good. The prepackaged ones at Kroger vary considerably sometimes they're pretty good but sometimes they're just so so, although with the higher turnover for thanksgiving they may be better.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 am

Try Creation Gardens at 609 E. Main St. They always have large amounts of herbs and reasonable. If you haven't been to Creation, the entrance actually is around the corner, facing Slugger Field - can't remember that cross street. Ky Bison Co. is in front on Main St. My recollection is that they are not open for retail on Monday. I believe 10-4 for retail, Tues - Sat.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 am

What exactly are you looking for and how much do you need? I have some herbs that frankly could use a good trimming.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 pm

If Leah doesn't have what you need I second Creation Gardens- I always bring home big bunches of thyme and tarragon.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Creation Gardens has a wide selection of bagged herbs, and you can simply take as much or as little as you need, so don't think you have to take an entire bag of what's on the shelves.

Just off Main on Hancock.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Check Paul's....they often sell plastic bags of herbs relatively cheap as compared to those smal plastic containers.