Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Thunder Fallout

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:17 pm

If you live in the Germantown-Old Louisville area, don't try to order a pizza from Pizza Hut tonight. They will not deliver north of Hill Street due to Thunder. I called at 5:45 PM (early because of Thunder) and was told no way. I still can't drive, so I need delivery today. :( I understand if it was 9:00 PM, but hours before the traffic problems actually start? They got a bit snotty when I questioned the timing, and I will not order from them again. I was told "we will not miss your business". Nice. :x Domino's (less than 1 block from the Pizza Hut) was more than happy to deliver to us.

Normally I could care less, but this was a treat for my son for being so helpfull during my recuperation and he asked for the Pizza Hut Cheesy Bites pizza. Oh well, he is settling for Philly Cheese Steak and I am writing a letter to Pizza Hut.
Last edited by Suzi Bernert on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:22 pm

I would wait till monday and call them back and speak to the manager or the owner...or go to there website. i would sure let them know that they said..... :) Hope you pizza is good...That is one food that I really miss....
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:30 pm

When I need to save the carbs, I eat just the toppings and leave the crust. Kinda makes them mad at pizza buffets, but I still get the taste.
Last edited by Suzi Bernert on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from LMEMS
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:35 pm

I have heard that CICI's actually makes a no crust pizza for just that reason....I am going to have to hit a luch buffett at a Pizza place and do just that....It is better then nothing..... :D
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Hey Suzi, Want us to bring you something on the whistle? :D All is peaceful in the Thunder Jungle for now, we're waitin' for the sun to set. Call us at FCB.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Suzi quote?

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:42 am

robert szappanos wrote:I would wait till monday and call them back and speak to the manager or the owner...or go to there website. i would sure let them know that they said..... :) Hope you pizza is good...That is one food that I really miss....

If was told "we will not miss your business".

I wouldn't go back, EVER. Not if I was treated way. I would, as Robert said, write an e-mail to let them know your displeasure.
Last edited by Doogy R on Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:54 am

as the resident "establishment" defender, let me just say that as someone who used to work at papa john's (10 years ago in high school) I dealt with some unbelievably obnoxious jerkwads on thunder, derby, new years, etc...and it was difficult not to be short with people who asked for exact times no matter what time of day...because on top of people expecting a guaranteed time, who would try to get something free if it didn't come within a window, there were people who were apparently were angry that we would be busy on a day when everyone in the city would be off and might want to order in....

not to downplay your frustration, but seriously, everyone in your area was prolly calling for pizza and after enough jerks (not saying you were one) I wouldn't be surprised if after a cancellation someone was to say they didn't need your business...it's not a personal thing, it's just a lot of people acting entitled...everyone from any pizza place wants to get you your order, if things get backed up there's only so much they can really do, and persistent phone calls on a day like today do not help.

(and frankly, i can guarantee they've had over a hundred of them)
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

I want some too.

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:59 am

Jeremy J wrote:as the resident "establishment" defender, let me just say that as someone who used to work at papa john's (10 years ago in high school) I dealt with some unbelievably obnoxious jerkwads on thunder, derby, new years, etc...and it was difficult not to be short with people who asked for exact times no matter what time of day...because on top of people expecting a guaranteed time, who would try to get something free if it didn't come within a window, there were people who were apparently were angry that we would be busy on a day when everyone in the city would be off and might want to order in....

not to downplay your frustration, but seriously, everyone in your area was prolly calling for pizza and after enough jerks (not saying you were one) I wouldn't be surprised if after a cancellation someone was to say they didn't need your business...it's not a personal thing, it's just a lot of people acting entitled...everyone from any pizza place wants to get you your order, if things get backed up there's only so much they can really do, and persistent phone calls on a day like today do not help.

(and frankly, i can guarantee they've had over a hundred of them)

Whatever you've had before you typed that post, can I have some?

Tee hee. :D
Last edited by Doogy R on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:25 am

Guys, I used to manage a pizza place, I understand busy, I understand frustrated, that's why I called early. I just questioned why they were using Thunder as an excuse a full 4 hours before traffic was a problem. If the guy had said "cause my manager says so", I would have accepted it, but they just repeatedly said "it's Thunder day" like I was a moron. I said I would just have to call someone else cause I can't drive yet and that's when the remark was made. Domino's not only delivered it 15 minutes sooner than their estimated time, they had to go around a stuck train on Shelby Street to do it. I normally do not go to either of those places, but my son wanted the Cheesy Bites thing. Since he has been stepping, fetching and cooking (not his strong suit!) for me since my surgery, I wanted to give him a reward and my frustration was applified by that.

I am e-mailing the management, I really don't care about the delivery thing, I am disappointed by the attitude. I have had horrid days in my time in food service, but I NEVER spoke like that to a customer. A wise manager once told me that a customer who has a good experience will tell a few people, but a customer who has a bad experience will tell EVERYBODY.
Retired from LMEMS
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 pm

I certainly don't disagree with you there...I'm betting it was just some dopey teen who had been yelled at a few too many times and realized they still had 6 hours of a shift left...you have to remember that no one that answers phones at a pizza place is over 18...I'm certainly not saying it was right, I'm just saying it doesn't surprise me

and honestly I'd say you made out better on this one, Pizza Hut sucks anyway, get some Boombozz...way better and they'd NEVER treat anyone like that!
User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

by Mike M » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:03 pm

funny, after reading your post last night I had a craving for Pizza Hut, so we went there today, and had an awful experience, after letting us stand and wait for ten minutes before even acknowledging our presence, we ordered, and we got the buy one at regular price and the up to five more mediums for $5 each, when the lady rang up our order it was more, when we ask about the deal, that was clearly printed on the menu, she grabbed the menu and said to get the pizza's for $5 each you need to by 5 of them, when I questioned her further, she got a little attitude and walked off, needless to say we walked out, and went to Mr Gattis...and it was terrible..oh well today's pizza excursion was a loss, but I guess Pizza Hut doesn't need my business either.
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Pizza Hut used to have perfectly acceptable pizza when they had full service restaurants. As soon as they switched to the fast food style places, the quality went straight downhill.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:46 pm

thats wy I look for the older Pizza Hut places where the food is more like it used to be... :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Todd Pharris wrote:Pizza Hut used to have perfectly acceptable pizza when they had full service restaurants. As soon as they switched to the fast food style places, the quality went straight downhill.

Non-PC as it may be to criticize a major local firm, it seems to me that all the Yum! properties - KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, A&W and Pizza Hut - have gone downhill significantly in recent years.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Robin...sit down....I agree with you on that 100 percent..... :D :D
Next