Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Jack's Lounge expands, adds full Equus menu

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Jack’s Lounge has expanded, adding 50 seats including oversized leather sofas and bistro tables, and it will now offer the full menu from its partner restaurant Equus next door, supplanting the Equus appetizer list that has been available in the past, thus turning the lounge into a sort of "Equus lite" with the same fare in a more casual atmosphere.

Chef/owner Dean Corbett, who runs Jack's, Equus and Corbett's An American Place, said he took advantage of space that had been used as a private dining room.

Jack's is also available as a waiting area for Equus, and the expansion offers will over additional capacity for this use.
no avatar
User

Lisa A W

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 am

Re: Jack's Lounge expands, adds full Equus menu

by Lisa A W » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 am

That is so great to hear. I love Jack's. What nights do they have the live music?
no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

by Dean Corbett » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:15 pm

I wanted to clarify a few things regarding our recent expansion,first and foremost Equus is OPEN and going strong, I have no intention of changing that any time soon.
Secondly, the Jack's expansion was to enable us some flexibility that we were lacking with the current setup, as I saw recently quoted in the forum "the operator must be willing to adapt or change" to survive and fluorish, this expansion of Jack's gives us the ability to utilize this great space for additional Jack's lounge enthusiest while at the same time allowing for private functions on the Equus side. All and all the perfect solution and we now have the best of all scenarios at play.
Jack's renovation will not be completed in full until sometime in mis December as we have custom booths similar to those at Corbett's due to arrive the second week in December, we also will be addressing some other areas such as mood related lighting changes and convenience for our guests. I hope everyone likes the changes and appreciate all the support, comments and suggestions.

Chef Deano
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Dean, thanks! I wish you had posted in the first place rather than commissioning a news release. I had to do some serious editing to get it down to publishable shape, and I hope I didn't misrepresent anything about the change in that process.

Dean Corbett wrote:I wanted to clarify a few things regarding our recent expansion,first and foremost Equus is OPEN and going strong, I have no intention of changing that any time soon.
no avatar
User

HollyR

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: Jack's/Equus/Corbett's/Specifically Tribute to Casa Grisanti

by HollyR » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Received this in Corbett's/Equus/Jack's email yesterday and would love to hear more details:

Corbett's to Host Food Symposiums in 2009
Ask and you shall receive! You told us you wanted to know more about finer aspects of food and wine, so we've created a monthly food symposium starting in January. Feature topics will include a meet-and-greet with local farmers; a champagne and caviar tasting; a bourbon tasting dinner; and how to make candy and chocolates for special occasions and holidays. Our first session will be "A Tribute to Casa Grisanti", on Friday, January 16 at 6:30 p.m. Guest chef Dominic Serratore and chef Corbett will discuss the Casa Grisanti glory days of the 1980s and recreate an entire Italian degustation menu featuring all of the Casa favorites. The evening costs $100 which includes dinner, discussion and pairings with northern Italian wines. Call 502-327-5058 today to make your reservation!

I've never been to Corbett's but this sounds like a wonderful reason to go!
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 pm

HollyR wrote: I've never been to Corbett's but this sounds like a wonderful reason to go!

It does sound like a wonderful reason to go, but trust me, Holly, you don't need a reason. Just get thee to Corbett's.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:
HollyR wrote: I've never been to Corbett's but this sounds like a wonderful reason to go!

It does sound like a wonderful reason to go, but trust me, Holly, you don't need a reason. Just get thee to Corbett's.

Agreed. They do exceptional work.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:It does sound like a wonderful reason to go, but trust me, Holly, you don't need a reason. Just get thee to Corbett's.

Thirded!