Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

A month of Tastings at Keg Liquors

no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

A month of Tastings at Keg Liquors

by Todd Antz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:49 pm

A big thank you to Robin for allowing me to post this.
To celebrate the completion of the new Keg Liquors, we will be holding several different tasting events in the coming weeks. 3 wine tastings, 1 liquor tasting, and 1 huge Holiday beer tasting. I'velisted the dates and what we will be tasting during the events. For more detailed information of the events including tasting notes please go to the events page on our website at http://www.kegliquors.com/events.htm . All events are free and open to the public, 21 and older of course. All products that we are tasting are $1.00 off their regular price the day of the tasting as well.

Huber Winery Pre-Thanksgiving Wine Tasting Wednesday, November 26th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring:
- Seyval Blanc
- Traminnette
- Spiced Apple
- Pop's Reserve
- Blackberry
- 2006 Blaufrankisch

Wine Tasting Thursday, November 4th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring:
- Reginato Blanc de Blanc Sparkling
- Kung Fu Girl Riesling
- MacRostie Carneros Chardonnay
- Samantha Starr Pinot Noir
- Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon
- Robert Hall Vintage Port

Wine Tasting Thursday November 11th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring
- A Mano Soave
- Pierre Sparr Marquise de Perlade Sparkling
- Dry Creek Fume Blanc
- Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay
- Lillypilly Shiraz Port
- La Bastide Dauzac Margaux
- Mariah Zinfandel

4th Annual Insane Holiday Beer Tasting Wednesday December 17th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring Holiday and Seasonal beers from around the world. Last year's tasting included over 21 different beers to sample. We will also have Scott from Schlafly on hand to sample out some of their seasonal beers as well. More details will be forthcoming as this one shapes up.

Specialty Liquor Tasting Thursday, December 18th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring:
- Pritchards Sweet Georgia Bell Rum
- Hanger One Vodka
- Pritchards Sweet Lucy Liquor Bourbon Liqueur
- Bluecoat Gin
- Rowan's Creek Bourbon
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: A month of Tastings at Keg Liquors

by Shawn Vest » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:51 pm

another great line up
and a reason why The Keg is my favorite liquor store

go Todd
with your new building and such

shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:39 pm

so glad our schedules don't conflict...
I have tastings on Tuesdays.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Caleb Weber

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

by Caleb Weber » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:11 am

4th Annual Insane Holiday Beer Tasting Wednesday December 17th from 5 - 8 PM
Featuring Holiday and Seasonal beers from around the world. Last year's tasting included over 21 different beers to sample. We will also have Scott from Schlafly on hand to sample out some of their seasonal beers as well. More details will be forthcoming as this one shapes up.

i can't wait!

last year i think this was in november? but i'm pretty sure i got drunk and went and took family photos
GREAT TIMES
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Just a reminder about the first of our many tastings, the Huber wine tasting is Wednesday from 5 - 8 PM. We have plenty of Pop's Reserve in stock, and it will be on sale the day of the tasting.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:00 pm

A quick reminder that Keg Liquors' next wine tasting is coming up this week, Thursday, Dec. 4, from 5 to 8 p.m.

Typical Louisvillian, I'm scared to hit the bridges to Indiana during rush hour, but Todd points out that it's always possible to wait until after dinner and still catch the tasting. :)

http://www.kegliquors.com/wine_tastings.htm
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Here are the details on this week's tasting:
Wine Tasting, Thursday, December 4th from 5 – 8 PM
Featuring the following wines:
Reginato Blanc de Blancs Sparkling - Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc make the ultimate blend for a loveable sparkling wine
Kung Fu Girl Riesling - From grapes grown in the rocky soils of Evergreen Vineyard in the Columbia Valley this Riesling will surprise you with its one-two-punch of Asian pear and peach aromas combined with fruit and mineral flavors.
MacRostie Carneros Chardonnay - On the palate the wine reveals balanced layers of apple and tropical fruit, accented by a hint of enticing cinnamon spice. The finish is clean, crisp and refreshing, inviting another sip
Samantha Starr Pinot Noir - is a deep ruby in color with very good clarity and brightness. The nose is of strawberries, raspberries, and cedar with a hint of smoke. It is fruit forward with black cherries and plums on the palate. Very well balanced, the wine shows a pleasing richness and concentration followed by a fruit driven finish with crisp acidity.
Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon - 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from many different viticultural areas of California: Napa Valley, Lake County, Central Valley, Lodi, and coastal regions. The wine is a deep ruby purple in color with a beautiful nose of blackberry, cassis, plum and spicy oak. Full in body, it is bright and assertive with lean tannins and rich flavors of blueberries, black raspberries, plums, and mocha. The wine was aged 15 months in French and American oak, 25% new. Well structured and complex, it offers beautiful balance and a long lasting, smooth finish
Robert Hall Vintage Port - This rare blend of four traditional Portuguese grapes – Touriga, Alvarelhão, Souzão and Tinta Cão produce the true essence of Paso Robles in a classic vintage port. Deep ruby red in color, the rich brambleberry aromas are accentuated with tones of spice and licorice. Beautifully balanced, a burst of berry fruit flavors greets the senses with a velvet smooth finish of spice and tobacco. Enjoy exclusively or pair with a full-flavored cheese such as Stilton and toasted walnuts.

This event is free and open to the public, 21 and older of course. All wines in the tasting will be $1 off their regular price the day of the tasting
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Our latest free tasting will be this Thursday, December 11 from 5 - 8 PM. Here is this week's lineup:

A Mano Soave - Surprisingly flavorful, the overtly fruity '07 A Mano brings to the table flavors that often not seen from this modest DOC; ripe core fruit flavors; good textures, fine finish.

Pierre Sparr Marquise de Perlade - A sparkling wine that apparently has no tasting notes anywhere on the internet.

Dry Creek Fume Blanc - At first swirl, the 2007 vintage of our Sonoma County Fumé Blanc presents intense aromas of lemon-lime, ruby grapefruit and fresh cut grass. After a couple of minutes in the glass, more subtle hints of kiwi and guava begin to reveal a complex wine. On the palate, this wine is truly delicious with excellent viscosity and length showing more fresh fruit flavors and very balanced acidity. The 2007 vintage was excellent for us, and this wine shows just how good the Sauvignon Blanc varietal can be at our winery.

Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay - is crisp and lean, with good weight in the mid palate. Melons come to mind, overlaid by a lemon citrus flavor, drifting onward to an even more buoyant lemon zest finish of exceptional length and complexity.

Lillypilly Shiraz Port - Dark red brick colour, ripe plum and aromatic berry. Mouth feel is warm, intense, silky and round. Shows great development from five years in oak barrels.

La Bastide Dauzac Margaux - A beautiful blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Swings from toasty oak and spice (clove) to hints of green pepper and musk. Melting Tannins, excellent overall balance.

Mariah Zinfandel - The blend is mostly Zinfandel, with a big dose of Petite Sirah and dollops of Syrah and Carignane. Plenty of oak here in the minty, mountainy red and black fruit, but otherwise the substantial oak is well integrated. In your mouth the wine adds chocolate and grape tannins, then violets and spice become evident as the fruit eases off and the aftertaste volatilizes.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444