Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

no avatar
User

R. N. Dominick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Sign up for OFFLINE at MELILLO'S

by R. N. Dominick » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I hate to do this at literally the last minute, but I'm feeling really under the weather, so should probably forego the get-together tonight. Gonna sleep instead.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm

same here...I got the boogie woogie flu and have been flat for 3 days :-(
no avatar
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 am

I just wanted to say it was great to make it to my first offline and equally great to put some faces with names! I look forward to more with all of you.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:23 am

Hey Jo, I wanted to say Hi but missed you somehow at Melillos. Saw you at the Tap room later and forgot to stop on our way out. Anyway it was nice to see other forumites last night, the name tags do help with the face name thing. The mussels were one of my favorites last night. I could easily make a meal out of those. Thanks again to Rebecca for organizing a great event.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:42 am

Rebecca you are the woman! Thank you for putting together such a wonderful offline.

It was, indeed, wonderful seeing old friends and making new ones. I have to agree with John, the mussels were outstanding. Since the time for eating them at Melillo's is limited, Michelle promised to post the recipe on line.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 am

FANTASTIC DINNER, MICHELLE!!!!!

I enjoyed the daylights out of the Eggplant Parmesan and the Penne ala Vodka ... mercy, they were delicious! Knowing my limits, I saved myself from seconds to nosh on the most incredible Italian Creme Cake I have ever eaten. Michelle, that cake was to die for ... WOW! My friend, Diana, enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan the best ... all in all, I think we were a very satisfied group!

It was great to see so many people come to bid Michelle and all a very fond farewell. I enjoyed meeting so many from the board and getting to put a face with a name. And while I am sad that Melillo's is closing, I want to thank Michelle for opening up her "home" to us and delighting us with her exquisite culinary creations. Your team was wonderful and I felt like I was in your home instead of your restaurant. Thank you for allowing us an evening I will not soon forget. I wish you the best in whatever your future holds.
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 am

Rebecca Clark wrote:FANTASTIC DINNER, MICHELLE!!!!!

I enjoyed the daylights out of the Eggplant Parmesan and the Penne ala Vodka ... mercy, they were delicious! Knowing my limits, I saved myself from seconds to nosh on the most incredible Italian Creme Cake I have ever eaten. Michelle, that cake was to die for ... WOW! My friend, Diana, enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan the best ... all in all, I think we were a very satisfied group!

It was great to see so many people come to bid Michelle and all a very fond farewell. I enjoyed meeting so many from the board and getting to put a face with a name. And while I am sad that Melillo's is closing, I want to thank Michelle for opening up her "home" to us and delighting us with her exquisite culinary creations. Your team was wonderful and I felt like I was in your home instead of your restaurant. Thank you for allowing us an evening I will not soon forget. I wish you the best in whatever your future holds.

Gina was remarking last night just how much effort you put in organizing this fine offline. Thanks Much from both of us.

Kudos to Michelle and her crew. Prepping and serving an outstanding meal to a group of Foodies is not easy. The Eggplant Parm was some of the finest I've had. You talents will be sorely missed.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I wish we could have joined you. The eggplant parm was the last thing I had there. Took me two more meals to finish it. Best wishes and Happy Holidays to the owners and employees.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Pictures!

by Marsha L. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:44 pm

Click here for 15 pictures of dinner.. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of Michelle or Ashley :( - did anyone else?
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:00 pm

The dinner was amazing.....I have finally found the perfect comfort food only to lose it at the same time! As that was the first time I could finally get down there makes the whole thing even more depressing. I wish all the luck to you and yours in the future, you were very nice to talk to during the evening. (BTW the mussels were fantastic!)
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:05 pm

I especially love the picture of the two cooks behind the line. Anybody know their names? They were so friendly and cheerful.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

Re: Pictures!

by Tom Holstein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Image

Click here for 15 pictures of dinner.. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of Michelle or Ashley :( - did anyone else?

Man.........what kinda head was that last one??? :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm

such a great great night. There were tears in my eyes as I ate the Italian Creme Cake. Michele and company are going to be sorely sorely missed.

Great to see everyone there.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Marsha L. wrote:I especially love the picture of the two cooks behind the line. Anybody know their names? They were so friendly and cheerful.

Dane and Calvin----Dane's been with us since we opened and Calvin for about a year.

Thanks all for the compliments! It was a fun night!

Ashley
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Sarita C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 am

by Sarita C » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm so sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Next time...I'm in!
PreviousNext