Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Paul W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:23 pm

highlands

by Paul W » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:50 pm

first of all...im a little sorry for being the person to pick this thread back up after what it's turned into...BUT...i would like to comment on the original topic...so im gonna do it.

i've had goose creek diner on my list of places to try for a long time and after reading marty's review my girlfriend and i decided to go for lunch yesterday. between the two of us we tried the fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, fried chicken livers, along with sides of collard greens and mushrooms.

all and all i have to say that based on what we tried, marty's review seemed a bit...how to say it...overly lavish. in general the food was ok. i had never tried fried chicken livers...and i think once was enough for me. if you dunk them in enough gravy it almost covers up the taste of the chicken livers themselves...mmm fried gravy. no fault of gcd here...i think i just dont like the taste of chicken liver. the fried chicken was very good, with a crispy skin and a slightly heavier crust than the cottage inn's version. i liked the collards, but they were too vinegary for my girlfriend's taste.

the price was great...especially since monday is half off fried green tomatoes day. i think what it comes down to for me is that there are other places (cottage inn comes to mind) that do this style of food just as well that are much closer to where i live...so i wont be rushing back anytime soon.

i felt pretty awful for a few hours after lunch...but that's my fault for ordering so much fried food.

anyone else go out and try goose creek for the first time after reading marty's review?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Like I said...the food is OK but nothing special.....Fried Chicken is good..but our best is much better...Meat Loaf is ok...better at cracker barrel....as far as the Omolet...well I already gave you my take on that....Correct me if i am wrong but is this place owned by different people then the ones that started it up..... :D :D
Previous