Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ's got plenty of praise for Goose Creek Diner

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:19 pm

Marty's column takes a hit in the space department at a short 475 words today, but that leaves him plenty of room for a glowing review of Goose Creek Diner that, save for the single nit "a bit pedestrian" in reference to salmon croquettes, reads more like a 3 1/2 star review than the 3 stars he awarded. I'm sure the good folks at Goose Creek aren't complaining. It's a lavish review that makes me want to run out there and get some diner chow right now.

[url=http://cityguide.courier-journal.com/fe/RestaurantReviews/Profile.asp?businessid=46693]Golden Goose Creek
Flamboyant diner dishes out an affordable menu[/url]

<b>Goose Creek Diner</b>
2923 Goose Creek Road
(502) 339-8070
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:13 pm

It is good put nothing special....
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:47 pm

robert szappanos wrote:It is good put nothing special....

Let's see ... we can take Marty's word for it, or we can take Robert's. Hmmm.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Tuff decision...take mine...I have had the exact omelet in the picture and it was OK...But the eggs are not whipped up enough making the eggs to be somewhat chewy...I like a fluffy omelet.....Comparing that dish...Bob Evans makes a much better omelet....
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:07 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Comparing that dish...Bob Evans makes a much better omelet....

This is helpful in setting what you see as the standard.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Actually it is not the standard...You need to read the post again....They make a better one then Goose Creek...That does not mean that it is the best...But in that location there are not many places that make omelets.... :D
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:15 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Actually it is not the standard...You need to read the post again....They make a better one then Goose Creek...That does not mean that it is the best...But in that location there are not many places that make omelets.... :D

Simmer down :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is the standard by which you were judging Goose Creek. I don't know what your ultimate standard is, but if you think BE omelots are better, then I have a better handle on how to use your judgment of Goose Creek. I go to BE once in a while, but I wouldn't order an omelot there. Sausage, bacon, fried eggs--that's all good at BE.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:24 pm

:D :D O I was not mad.....but I have to compare it to places that I go to or have been to in the past....This is a picture perfect day outside...one problem I am inside today...O well :cry:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

WHY?

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:39 am

Robin Garr wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:It is good put nothing special....

Let's see ... we can take Marty's word for it, or we can take Robert's. Hmmm.

Robin, why do you even start it? Then when posters rail against Robert.....well. WHY?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Goose Creek Diner.

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:44 am

BTW, I love the place. I'm glad Marty finally got out to my end of town. Good job. man.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: WHY?

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 am

Doogy R wrote:Robin, why do you even start it? Then when posters rail against Robert.....well. WHY?

Fair question. Basically, the lurker-to-poster ratio is about 20 to 1 here, and when Robert posts an outlying opinion as if it were fact, I sometimes feel it important to "qualify" it for the benefit of occasional visitors who aren't here often enough to know and understand his perspective. Remember, this isn't just a place to blow off steam. It's also a place where people who don't speak up here come for information.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: WHY?

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Robin, why do you even start it? Then when posters rail against Robert.....well. WHY?

Fair question. Basically, the lurker-to-poster ratio is about 20 to 1 here, and when Robert posts an outlying opinion as if it were fact, I sometimes feel it important to "qualify" it for the benefit of occasional visitors who aren't here often enough to know and understand his perspective. Remember, this isn't just a place to blow off steam. It's also a place where people who don't speak up here come for information.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the input. :)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:55 pm

and with that note THEY need to hear ....The rest of the story...as paul Harvey says.... :D
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:58 pm

and to Robin it must be...Do as I say not as I do..... :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

John Mayhugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:56 pm

by John Mayhugh » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:20 pm

I enjoy the food at Goose Creek. Fried chicken is consistently good and the fried green tomatoes are probably the best I've had anywhere. Most of the time I get carryout, with service that ranges from mostly OK to poor. My only food complaint has been with the macaroni & cheese which seems to be from a box.

Haven't had a chance to eat lunch there since it's a little far from where I work. The pricing seems great, though. I can't comment on their breakfast, but everything I've tried is significantly better than Bob Evans.
Next