Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rockwall

no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

Rockwall

by Amy A » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:56 pm

We stopped in there for dinner tonight for the first time in a while. Our dinner was fantastic!

We started with their shrimp wontons, little fried triangles filled with rock shrimp and spicy cream cheese. These were fantastic.

Our field green salads were bowls of goodness, with shredded cheese (house shredded, not prepackaged cheese) and toasted almonds.

I had their filet with a shallot demi-glaze served with the veggie of the day, sugar snap peas. The peas were so fresh and crisp tasting, I was in heaven.

We also tried their fresh catch, which was grouper that was walnut-encrusted and served with melted brie cheese on top. We thought it might be an odd combination, but it worked perfectly.

Of course, for dessert we ordered their beignets and two cups of coffee. I don't know what they use there, but I loved the coffee. We took the rest of the beignets home for breakfast.

I refuse to wait so long to get back in there. I loved my meal from start to finish.
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Good meal and service.

by Casey J. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:03 am

A few of us went about a year ago. The food and service were really good. It's been so long, I don't remember what any of us ordered.
no avatar
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:32 pm

We like to ride the motorcycle up there from time. Dinner has never disappointed there.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Rockwall

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Amy A wrote:We stopped in there for dinner tonight for the first time in a while. Our dinner was fantastic!

We started with their shrimp wontons, little fried triangles filled with rock shrimp and spicy cream cheese. These were fantastic.

Our field green salads were bowls of goodness, with shredded cheese (house shredded, not prepackaged cheese) and toasted almonds.

I had their filet with a shallot demi-glaze served with the veggie of the day, sugar snap peas. The peas were so fresh and crisp tasting, I was in heaven.

We also tried their fresh catch, which was grouper that was walnut-encrusted and served with melted brie cheese on top. We thought it might be an odd combination, but it worked perfectly.

Of course, for dessert we ordered their beignets and two cups of coffee. I don't know what they use there, but I loved the coffee. We took the rest of the beignets home for breakfast.

I refuse to wait so long to get back in there. I loved my meal from start to finish.

Amy, is that avatar really you?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:27 pm

Cartoon me. :oops:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

J/K.

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Amy A wrote:Cartoon me. :oops:

I hope you knew that.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm blonde, just not that blonde.