Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving Brunch?

no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanksgiving Brunch?

by JenS » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:59 pm

I know that many restaurants are open and serving Thanksgiving Dinner, but are there any places serving a brunch or early lunch (say around 11am) on Thanksgiving? We're trying to accomodate both sides of the family and it seems to get more difficult every year.

Thanks
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Thanksgiving Brunch?

by Mark R. » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 pm

The English Grille at the Brown is doing an early dinner by think the earliest time is 12:00 or so. The Seelbach is doing a brunch much like their Sunday brunch from 10:00 to 2:00. I'm sure there are others but these are the ones we looked at.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:11 pm

JenS wrote:I know that many restaurants are open and serving Thanksgiving Dinner, but are there any places serving a brunch or early lunch (say around 11am) on Thanksgiving? We're trying to accomodate both sides of the family and it seems to get more difficult every year.

Thanks

Captain's Quarter is doing a brunch buffet from 10am-6pm. That's where my family and I are going. http://www.cqriverside.com/CQThanksgiving08.htm
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

by JenS » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:01 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Captain's Quarters sounds like it might be a good option.
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:04 am

(Part of an e-mail update that I receive occasionally. I have no connection to the Bristol Bar and Grille except signing up for the newsletter at their website.)

All Bristol Bar & Grille restaurants, except the Bristol Downtown, will open & serving a delicious Thanksgiving buffet.
The Thanksgiving menu includes such traditional favorites as roast turkey, honey glazed ham and mashed potatoes with gravy as well as unique options like poached salmon, asparagus vinaigrette and wild rice salad.
With 16 dishes offered, there is sure to be something for every member of the family to enjoy.

The cost for the Thanksgiving buffet is $19.95 for adults and $4.95 for kids ages 4 to 11.
Reservations are recommended, as the buffet is expected to sell out.
http://www.bristolbarandgrille.com/
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:14 am

Bumping back up.......anybody know of any others?
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:Bumping back up.......anybody know of any others?

Doesn't John E's usually do a traditional one?
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

by JenS » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:30 pm

We decided on the Galt House at 11:00AM. I am surprised by the number of restaurants that serve Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 11:00. I really didn't think we would have many choices.

Thanks to all who responded!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Mom took us all out to Captain's Quarter. The buffet was it's usual great self but had some nice additions this year. Bacon, YES BACON, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and omelet and waffle stations. Every year we speak of going elsewhere but always go back to CQ for Thanksgiving.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:20 pm

It wasn't brunch but this year we decided to keep it very casual and tried Turkey Joes for Thanksgiving dinner. It was excellent. Typical selection of Ham, Turkey (their almost famous Deep Fried Variety, and it was wonderful), homemade cranberries (more berries than sauce, yum), sides and desserts. It was half the price and twice as good as the places we've tried in the last few years (except for Volare a few years ago that is).
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey Neal, thanks for the input. I was just telling mom the next time she wants to take me to lunch we should go to Turkey Joe's. I love that place and have tried the fried turkey dinner which is awesome. I'll make sure to tell mom how much you enjoyed your dining experience there. I am always telling her about this forum and the people who post here.
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:38 am

Doogy R wrote:Hey Neal, thanks for the input. I was just telling mom the next time she wants to take me to lunch we should go to Turkey Joe's. I love that place and have tried the fried turkey dinner which is awesome. I'll make sure to tell mom how much you enjoyed your dining experience there. I am always telling her about this forum and the people who post here.

...sounds like Mom is very generous in taking you out for meals....I'm sure that you reciprocate her hospitality from time to time (??) :?
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 am

John Greenup wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Hey Neal, thanks for the input. I was just telling mom the next time she wants to take me to lunch we should go to Turkey Joe's. I love that place and have tried the fried turkey dinner which is awesome. I'll make sure to tell mom how much you enjoyed your dining experience there. I am always telling her about this forum and the people who post here.

...sounds like Mom is very generous in taking you out for meals....I'm sure that you reciprocate her hospitality from time to time (??) :?

Well, being as I was let go from my place of employment, I think she is doing it to help me out. This week, we had my brother and his family in from Wisconsin and she was treating us every night. He also lost his job recently. I really don't know why I am even having to explain myself here.
Last edited by Doogy R on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:25 am

Doogy R wrote:
John Greenup wrote:

Well, being as I was let go from my place of employment, I think she is doing it to help me out. This week, we had my brother and his family in from Wisconsin and she was treating us every night. He also lost his job recently. I really don't why I am even having to explain myself here.

Because you posted it, Doogy...which invites comment and response.
I hope you find work soon -- lots of people in a similar situation.
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn